Corsair Community

Keyboard stopped working?

Nitemare3219

I was gone visiting relatives and came home to my PC turned off (it was on when I left). Girlfriend said the power tripped on a circuit, so she reset everything in the breaker box... cause she didn't know what she was doing.

I don't know if my PC was on the circuit that tripped, or what happened... but like I said, came home and it was off. Booted it up and the keyboard wasn't working at all. I had it plugged into my 750D's front USB 3.0 panel (both of the keyboard's USB dongles). My mouse was plugged in right beside it and is fine.

The keyboard doesn't light up. It doesn't respond to anything. I have tried multiple USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, uninstalled all keyboard devices, and installed the latest Corsair software (it was using Vengeance 1.0 software before) but it detects no supported devices. I plugged the keyboard into a laptop with USB 2.0 (arrow dongle first even though I never knew about doing this before until I looked up trouble shooting?) and my Surface Pro 3 with a 3.0 port. I flipped the polling switch to every setting including BIOS.

One of the times I plugged it into the laptop, I was hitting the numlock key to see if the LED would turn on. The macro, windows key lock, and brightness level keys all flashed on/off for a second a few times. Maybe a few other buttons lit up but I remember those specifically. The keyboard turned off after that and hasn't done anything since.

Any idea what is going on or how to fix/reset it? I'm lost... not even getting Windows hardware detection to any degree.

i had a similar experience with my K90, went to work in Canada for 40 days or so. come back and my keyboard was working. for the most part. a lot of key-presses was multiple buttons. after letting it just run for a bit and de-humidify my room (Cincinnati is a very humid place) it seems to be working for now. defiantly returning this disappointment known as the raptor K40 replacement i bought.

Archived