Corsair Community

About the 680x with H150i concerning max GPU length

Zanaffar

Hello!

In the near future I would like to change my case to a Crystal series 680x. The problem is that I have a H150i in my old setup and I am not sure if I'll be able to fit a new 3090 into the case while I have the AIO mounted on the front side. The case lists 330mm for GPU clearance, which should be enough, unless the radiator takes up the place. Anyone who has some exact numbers about this topic? Do I need a 240mm rad for this case if I want a 330mm GPU?

• Corsair Employee

Hey Zanaffar, the 330mm GPU clearance is for the length. So, if you mount your cooler at the front, the fan and radiator will eat into that space. The radiator is 27mm thick and the fans are 25mm thick, so combined it'll eat it 52mm from the 330mm, down to 278mm.

So you'll want to check the overall length of the model 3090 that you are planning to get. Those cards look to be really big.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Zanaffar, the 330mm GPU clearance is for the length. So, if you mount your cooler at the front, the fan and radiator will eat into that space. The radiator is 27mm thick and the fans are 25mm thick, so combined it'll eat it 52mm from the 330mm, down to 278mm.

So you'll want to check the overall length of the model 3090 that you are planning to get. Those cards look to be really big.

Is this correct? I have an EVGA 2080 TI Black. 269.83 MM. I also have a H150i Pro in Push Pull with Corsair LL120s. The GPU fits horizontally and still has a small amount of clearance. Something is wrong here. I too am trying to figure out what fits. Does the 330MM max length include the fans that come with the case?

752122206_WhatsAppImage2020-10-10at3_19_23AM.thumb.jpeg.c47db6da65444793c54ab6eb22c7af1e.jpeg

• 3 months later...

That is snug! Also envious that your P1 connector is nicely lined up with that grommet, I got some custom PSU cables but the motherboard power connector is kind of bang in the middle between those grommets, so the amount of twisting needed looked awful. Ended up reverted to the stock PSU cable.

But yeah, a 360mm rad will only mount at the front (280mm max for the top), and you won't get a 330mm GPU in with a front radiator installed. :/