Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2019, 04:58 PM
79RyanArthur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995908
79RyanArthur Reputation: 10
Default H100i Hydro random failure

Bear with me guys I'm not up to speed on hardware anymore.

Bought this recently built PC from a friend. Worked fine for long enough. unplugged everything as the house was getting renovated. Stored it in a spare bedroom. Put it back together tonight with 1 monitor instead of the usual 4, no peripherals bar the mouse and keyboard.

Instant CPU fan speed error (0 rpm) followed by rapidly escalating temperatures.

Have checked all connections, none had been touched - nothing's been altered in any way since it was last used. The radiator fans work, the logo illuminates (white initially then red). Some warmth at the cpu end of the hoses but otherwise all is cold. It seems as if the pump has died in storage..

It seems to take its power directly from the SATA cable that runs the dvd drive. DVD drive works, and have tried swapping and re-seating SATA plugs at both ends. IDK what the USB lead is for. CPU fan speed cable is plugged into its usual place. Other fans are reading fine in their positions though I haven't tried putting them in the CPU fan spot. Given the temperature escalation I guess the pump isn't running in any case.

Hope someone can suggest a fix, or it'll be back to a cheap heatsink and fan for me....

Tags
cooler, failure, h100i, pump