Corsair Community

Do I first try and return it to the shop I purchased from ?

As per my last post I have narrowed down a bad module out of a retail kit of three. TR3X6G1600C8D

I have some preliminary questions about returns.

This set of retail Corsair memory was purchased less than 12 months ago from a retail computer shop in Perth, Western Australia. (I have the receipt of course.)

I will call them tomorrow but have a feeling they may say they don't deal with warranty claims directly and that I should deal with you guys. Is that acceptable? Because I would really just like to take the memory to them and bang, just get another one.

If I have to send the memory back to you do I pay for postage? How's that work?

This is a kit of three "matched" modules. Would I need to send/replace all three? (even though only one is faulty)

Would I have to send to the US? Or do you have an Australian outlet? If it's direct to the US how long does shipping normally take?

What else should I know?

• Corsair Employee
Yes, you should ask the reseller if they will help you that would be best for you, if not we will be happy to replace them but we would need to replace the whole set, and as Wired stated the closest HUB is in Taiwan and you would pay the shipping to us and we will pay it back to you.

• Corsair Employee

I am not sure I understand your question, but if you send them to us you will need to get the RMA # first and as I stated previously.

You would pay the postage/shipping to us and we pay to return them back to you.

what's not to understand ?

my 1st sentence says that i went to the place of purchase (the computer shop) and dropped of my ram. they will call me when they get the replacement. 1-2 weeks.

my 2nd sentence asks if one has to pay for sending the ram back to corsair, to which you answered yes.

i'll post here the results in due course.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived