Corsair Community

Crackling & random volumen changes

Xetoxyc

as the topic says... i receivce crackling sound after ~15 min of gaming, no matter which game. No matter which usb port, no matter which firmware version (i tried some).

Also the volume is chaning up and down randomly.

Is there any fix for this ?

Current iCUE Version:3.23.58

Current Dongle Verion: 0.16.80

Current HS Version: 0.17.149

You never even said what product you have.

as the topic says... i receivce crackling sound after ~15 min of gaming, no matter which game. No matter which usb port, no matter which firmware version (i tried some).

Also the volume is chaning up and down randomly.

Is there any fix for this ?

• 2 weeks later...

i have this same problems with almost same versions on my Corsair Virtuoso RGB, really planning on returning it. This happens when I play overwatch and sometimes the whole sound goes off. Only way this doesn't happen is when I use Windows Spatial.

i have this same problems with almost same versions on my Corsair Virtuoso RGB, really planning on returning it. This happens when I play overwatch and sometimes the whole sound goes off. Only way this doesn't happen is when I use Windows Spatial.

I too have the same issue. My headset on MANY games will just not focus sound worth crap. Sounds lowers up and down on its own. It will crackle with some games. Some games it will do both. Very unpleasant to deal with. I have tried uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling them. I have tried uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling it. I have updated all the firmware, as well as done firmware resets.

The headphones do work better with iCUE turned off but here is the deal with that. I have corsair everything. Mouse wont work right without it, keyboard wont work right with out it, etc. Really annoying and about to go put all my eggs in a different basket or two.

We just released a new version of iCUE that has some enhancements to the audio section. Try installing the latest which is 3.25.60 and see if it resolves the issue.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Yes I did update my software prior to this post. 3.25.60 is the current version I am using. I did find a work around by using Dolby Atmos for headphones. Using Dolby disables the audio control that iCUE has over the headset and the headset works perfect and sounds amazing!! So it seems to be something with the iCUE software. Using Dolby allows me to still keep iCUE on for my other devices as well and dose not conflict, so at least that part of iCUE works. All in all $15 for Dolby Atmos, worth every penny. Just unfortunate I had to get another software for my $200 headset.