Corsair Community

[Feature Request] Rainbow Effects Customization

totorman

Hi,

like other brands of keyboards can do, i'll like to customize my rainbow effects.

Like this for sample :

3BhN4o.jpg

I wan to be able to choose from existing rainbow patterns, and to do my own pattern.

I want to choose the speed, and the witdh, the angle of the pattern, andif it plays forerever, or when i click on key.

OK, but if i want it to scroll this rainbow along keyboard i must take the Wave effect, which is always inserting black between end and start of effect.

NF1ZUh.jpg

in my opinion the effect should start with the starting color of the effect, and not clearing colors for all keyboard before restarting.

• Corsair Employee
This is the advantage of our lighting editor. It isn't using colors to define when it stops or ends. It literally relies on the Lighting time (seconds). By giving you completely control of how long the lighting is, the speed, and the time, you literally can control every aspect of the animation. This also means though itll take some finesse to create the exact lighting(s) you are looking for.

If you can make a perfect rainbow scroll effect without the annoying black thing with this effect i'm very curious to see it. I never achieved to make one :) Thats why i was asking for an upgrade ^^

If someone can post a screenshot i'll speak to god for him :) hehe

If you can make a perfect rainbow scroll effect without the annoying black thing with this effect i'm very curious to see it. I never achieved to make one :) Thats why i was asking for an upgrade ^^

If someone can post a screenshot i'll speak to god for him :) hehe

Hey friend!

Check out this perfect rainbow: https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/74/profile

Someone was able to edit the gradient to his liking and uploaded it onto my website: https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/212/profile

Should be a perfect example of what you are looking for.

Yes, thank you very much. This is what i'm searching to do.

But it's not easy to maintain.

If i want other colors, i need to change all the 21 lightning effects. That's huge when you consider that the wave effect is perfect for this, just removing these black effect between the end and the start.

MglSeP.jpg

That's why i'm asking for an updated effect.

But of course, your light blue to light red rainbow if very nice. I love it ! It has gone into my "demo mode"

Thx for sharing !

Yes Corsair remember the Main point about being a simple to use interface well that means simple to use for most people some people want easy configuration like suggested above where as others are more confident in using more advanced configs

Yes Corsair remember the Main point about being a simple to use interface well that means simple to use for most people some people want easy configuration like suggested above where as others are more confident in using more advanced configs

There isn't much Corsair can do to make it easier to create effects like what I linked above.

• Corsair Employee

We will re-enable RGBShare in the future so users can just download other people's profiles for those who don't want to spend hours creating these effects that guys like Krazykid create for the community.

I tried distinguishing between simple and basic, and advanced modes in CUE2 but it didn't work very well...

Archived