Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 Headset/Win 10 issue

Malaclypse

Evening, gents.

Much to my dismay I found that my Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset was not working with my fresh (and clean) Windows 10. I'm using the latest drivers from this Corsair directly.

Here's the first issue. Once installed, the headset software will work fine. Until you close it or unplug the dongle. Then it will not start up again even if I restart the system.

The second is that when I plug in the dongle, my default audio device does not change to the headset. I managed to circumvent this by disabling my SoundBlaster Sound card in device manager. Then the headset works just fine. I wanted to post this so everyone is aware that you can get the headset working without the software as a temporary fix.

Any advice on the software?

I'll go pine away until FO4 comes out in my time zone....

-

I've had the same issue since I originally purchased this product and installed on W8. My machine has now been upgraded to W10 for quite some time and the issue continues fairly frequently.

Most of the time the audio works just fine from boot up but if I switch to my soundcard and try to switch back I often have to do a complete reboot to get headset audio working again. Things that have worked intermittently is changing the default audio device by right-clicking on the W10 sound task tray icon and choosing playback devices, then choosing my soundcard, clicking apply and then switching back. I'd say this works only 10% of the time however =(

I've tried disabling/re-enabling the vengence 2100 device in the device manager as well as stopping and restarting the windows audio service with zero success. So far, only a reboot has been the catch all fix which is very frustrating to say the least.

Other than that, I'm happy with the headset, the only other issue is with 7.1. The drivers are the latest version at the time of writing this (2.0.37) and I do have to run them in 5.1 because 7.1 has horrible static w/ an extreme overdrive that causes too much distortion.

I've seen some comments about running another manufacturers drivers that fixes the no audio issue and sound quality but have yet to find a decent walkthrough of what exactly to do.

I haven't had to reboot to get the headset to work.

I've found that if I have the dongle plugged in and the headphones turned on when I disable my sound card, the headphones start working without a reboot.

The software still doesn't work but everything else is fine. You may give that a shot.

Archived