Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro (stacking 2 lighting effects?)

Lazybum

Can you stack 2 lighting effects on the Vengeance RGB Pro memory? For everything else in my system I have a static red color with rain running over the top of that with yellow and white going for an ironman type color theme. But I cant seem to get the memory to be static red then apply rain over the top of that. Not sure if there is a limitation for memory lighting effects or if I am doing something wrong.

• Corsair Employee
Can you stack 2 lighting effects on the Vengeance RGB Pro memory? For everything else in my system I have a static red color with rain running over the top of that with yellow and white going for an ironman type color theme. But I cant seem to get the memory to be static red then apply rain over the top of that. Not sure if there is a limitation for memory lighting effects or if I am doing something wrong.

I'm not sure if you were the one that submitted a ticket earlier about it, but it's as DevBiker said.

-Art

nope havent put in any tickets thought i would ask here. people have enough problems to deal with then me to add to them with another ticket lol.

its fine everything else has the red glow then with the yellow and white rain over the top of it, even the h150i and it looks great when you add in the keyboard, mouse, mousepad, and headset stand. Tho the heatset dont seem to work when not in use, maybe its time to sell my wireless and get a wired one so it will sync all the time lol.

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee
I made an account just to respond to this thread.

In Icue go to settings > click vengeance pro rgb > tick enable full software control.

Thanks, Joltzson, you are correct. This feature was introduced not too long after Vengeance RGB PRO launched (I'm a little fuzzy on the timing in relation to this thread).

For reference to anyone else seeing this, here's a quick video I did to explain how full software control works, you can use it in combination with the hardware setting so that your Vengeance RGB PRO displays a static lighting effect or (off) when first booting up your PC, turning off or going to sleep mode that would then switch over to a custom animated effect when iCUE starts up:

[ame]

[/ame]

My suggestion would be to set the hardware lighting first (as mentioned earlier, a static color or simple animation for situations where iCUE isn't running), then tick the box for full software control and setup your complex animation or lighting link effects.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't even get the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM to show up in ASUS Aura software, even with iCUE and the Aura/iCUE plugin installed and Full Software Control enabled. No joy. I've tried a multitude of things to get it working, but it just won't register in Aura. And even though I like the iCUE software more, it doesn't register my Cooler Master AIO's RGBness, so I have to use Aura for that. Why does software for all of these manufacturers have to be so pitifully buggy and proprietary? G Skill's RAM showed up perfectly, with no issues in Aura, and didn't require any special software to make it work, but I had to replace it because Amazon kept sending me the wrong RAM (2400MHz) when I ordered a 32GB of 3600MHz Trident Z NEO kit. They ended up refunding me and telling me to just keep the G Skill RAM. Edited by alphamachina