Corsair Community

Crystal Series 680X Will Only Let One LED Fan Light Up

LinuxCharms

Recently put together a new build and can't seem to figure out why only one of my case fans RGBs will trigger.

The case came with a hub for fans plugins, and a small rectangle block with the Corsair logo and two plug-ins that say "LED 1" and "LED 2". After some digging trying to fix my problem, I ended up ditching the small little box and getting the Commander Pro instead.

I have configured and reconfigured the fans, I have watched more Youtube on the subject than I cared to, and more importantly yesterday I spent 6 hours straight mostly staring in the case trying to figure it out. The middle fan's LEDs light up perfectly and are controlled easily in iQUE, but the other two + a separate one I just bought to put in the back of the case.

The fans themselves will turn on and can be controlled for speed, it's just the LED fans. For the love of God I hope someone here has an answer, I feel like a moron. lol

Make sure your fan LED wires are connected to the RGB Lighting Hub in sequential order (1-4). It works in series, so if you skip a slot, that is the end of the trail.

Make sure you tell iCUE your fan configuration. Click the Commander Pro in the app window. "Lighting Setup". It will ask you for the fan type and number. LL - 4 fans. This tells the program how many LEDs to generate for the effects.

If both of those are done, starting looking through the thread below to see where things went wrong.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Make sure your fan LED wires are connected to the RGB Lighting Hub in sequential order (1-4). It works in series, so if you skip a slot, that is the end of the trail.

Make sure you tell iCUE your fan configuration. Click the Commander Pro in the app window. "Lighting Setup". It will ask you for the fan type and number. LL - 4 fans. This tells the program how many LEDs to generate for the effects.

If both of those are done, starting looking through the thread below to see where things went wrong.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Yep, I did do that much, though Corsair made that rather easy as each fan LED plug is numbered 1-3. The other fan I did stick in the 4th slot though. What's weird is that the LED in the middle fan works seemingly no matter what I unplug.

I'll check the other thread out, I've been reading a few and haven't found a fix. Thank you!

Which number is the middle fan plugged into? Since it is in series, things stop when you hit the dead point. So if it is in #1, then that is a substantial clue. If it is in 2-4 and 1 does not light, then I am not sure what we are looking at. Make sure the lighting is applied to each fan. You can use the Instant Lighting drop down colors for testing purposes and they override other settings.

Which number is the middle fan plugged into? Since it is in series, things stop when you hit the dead point. So if it is in #1, then that is a substantial clue. If it is in 2-4 and 1 does not light, then I am not sure what we are looking at. Make sure the lighting is applied to each fan. You can use the Instant Lighting drop down colors for testing purposes and they override other settings.

In iCue I tried just about every combination possible, still only the middle fan lighting up. It's in 2-4 which is why I can't figure it out, the hub seems perfectly fine. I guess I better get in contact with corsair and see if it's a replacement issue, since the case is only a few weeks old.

Thank you for the advice

• 1 month later...