Corsair Community

Mixing the ML fans of the Hydro H115i RGB PLATINUM with 3x iCue LL120mm RGB fans

Akash Singh

I am getting a computer built thought an SI and they told me the corsair MLPro RGB 120mm fans I ordered are not available so they were going to "upgrade" to the iQUE(iCUE?) LL 120 MM, free of charge. The message was from the sales department so maybe that's why they got the lingo wrong.

I plan on having these fans and AIO put into a Corsair 275R case. Now to my knowledge, this is all wrong, while the QL and LL have the best lighting, the ML gives excellent performance along with pretty enough lighting and they cost more, right?

Seeing as I have corsair peripherals and I know having the same type of fan throughout allows for more coordinated light effects with less headache, my questions in this situation are:

1. Should I decline and opt to wait for the ML fans which I have no issue doing.

2. Is fan mixing as clunky as some people make it out to be?

3. Do the LL fans and the AIO fans get along?

4. Any other knowledge you can impart.

I would love any and all advice relating to this and thank you for your help.

It's hard to know exactly how they plan on setting this up but it will work. Typically, you want one fan type per channel for control reasons - they'll work but effects may not be quite as anticipated. Now, they will likely have the ML and the LL fans on separate channels - which is absolutely fine.

LL fans will get along just fine with the AIO.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my sig.

They offered the QL 120 fan, which although expensive, lean more towards looks than cooling performance. If you don't mind me picking your brain:

1. Would having 3 of those QL 120 fans acting as rear exhaust while the ML140x2 on the coolers pull in air from the front be sufficient for a RTX 2080 super( which and Ryzen 9 3950x mounted in a corsair 275r Case?

As far as statistics go, the LL and QL are the same and do have the same blade. All of these fans are fine for case airflow management. Those things typically are only meaningful on radiators or specific direct cooling applications.

If I understand the hardware offered, you are getting a Platinum cooler which has its own high speed ML fans in the box and it’s own lighting controller. It will take the ML-RGB on its controller. Simple plug in. The QL will be on the separate lighting controller.

Most people are going to be appreciative of the QL in comparison to the LL. The lighting is more neutral (cleaner whites), you get more preset effects, and frankly they just look better - lit or not.