Corsair Community

easy anti cheat

swan732

• Corsair Employee
I am not sure why we are being flagged by an anti-cheat, and it doesn't help they don't list a reason. One of the big changes we did (ironically) in v3.25 was to fix a security exploit present in Windows. Other than that, I don't see why v3.24 is OK but v3.25 is not.

...and profiles don't save when you revert back.

This is true any time you go to a prior version. Profiles are not backwards compatible, but the data should still be there when to you return to the version they’ve been stamped with. This is why it’s a good idea to make a copy of your Corsair folder in your user folder (App data/Roaming/Corsair) before updating.

Here's what Easy Anti Cheat had to say about it...

Sorry to hear you have run into this issue. While the software which the indicated process belongs to is not designed for cheating it does use vulnerable components that can be exploited for this purpose. The error triggers when the anti-cheat protection detects this vulnerability. A possible workaround is to manually close the process indicated in the error message for the duration of your gameplay. In rare cases the process will start anew right after closure. Should this happen closing the program that uses it will allow the game to start normally.

Unfortunately we are unable to explicitly whitelist this service as this would directly compromise game security. Should existing vulnerabilities be fixed by the software's developers the error will no longer trigger and the game will launch without issues.

This is true any time you go to a prior version. Profiles are not backwards compatible, but the data should still be there when to you return to the version they’ve been stamped with. This is why it’s a good idea to make a copy of your Corsair folder in your user folder (App data/Roaming/Corsair) before updating.

I mean when i changed the speed of the pump and fans from quiet to balanced the speed of the fans were stuck on high speed only then when i downgraded the iCUE it would sort itself out. Something does't seem right with this new version. I'm holding back i think the Beta team didn't thoroughly test this through before releasing it to the masses.

I started playing Division 2 (in the last 2-3 days) and the anti cheat system isn't triggering for me as my version is 3.25.60 for ICUE and the devices I have is K70 MK2 RGB, Void Pro and Dark Core RGB and I'm using these devices on my Acer Predator 17 gaming laptop so I don't know why I'm not suffering this issue like you guys are, it could be possible it may be related to components inside your desktop like the Corsair Commander Pro for example or any devices you use to control the leds as well the fans in the pc using the ICUE software as the control medium and and the anti cheat software is detecting the hardware through the software and is flagging them as a cheating resulting in this game security violation occurring.

• Corsair Employee
I mean when i changed the speed of the pump and fans from quiet to balanced the speed of the fans were stuck on high speed only then when i downgraded the iCUE it would sort itself out. Something does't seem right with this new version. I'm holding back i think the Beta team didn't thoroughly test this through before releasing it to the masses.

Hi everyone,

We've tested all the games mentioned in this thread with full iCUE systems (and even enabled our OSD) and we don't encounter any flags from the anti-cheat software. We will attempt to contact them anyways to get iCUE whitelisted but for now, we're at a loss since we can't reproduce, and your notices aren't saying which component in iCUE is causing the problem.

• Corsair Employee
Here's what Easy Anti Cheat had to say about it...

This doesn't make sense because the anti-cheat notice would be global since everyone has the same iCUE services and drivers. Since its not triggering for everyone, there is something else causing the error.

This doesn't make sense because the anti-cheat notice would be global since everyone has the same iCUE services and drivers. Since its not triggering for everyone, there is something else causing the error.

Hey James,

I started having this issue today after updating to the latest version. The only difference I have been able to find is that the Aura Sync plugin installed and was using the LightingService.exe which has caused numerous issues with Easy Anti Cheat in the past. Could be related nice I assume iCue is just using an API call to Aura Sync

The counterpoint would be those of us with Asus motherboards who have all plugins enabled and do not have an issue with this. Do make sure your are not using the one of the Windows Fast Ring builds. MS has disclosed a cheat flag issue with a recent roll out.

I built my pc i am not sure what you mean by windows fast ring builds I’m using the asus crossherovii and a r2700x

Everyone, can you show me screenshots of the error message you're getting? I have established direct contact with Easy Anti-Cheat and they need more information (thanks sausje for submitting one).

I am having issues uploading a photo but specifically word for word states the following

Game security violation detected (#0000000D) (iCUE.exe)

@Blaketekego - Windows "Fast Ring" is Microsoft's advance BETA OS build for Windows 10. Normal people are not using it. People who who use their computers daily should not be using it, but well people do strange things. It's something you have to sign up for and download, so not an accidental setting. It is very unlikely you are using it.