Corsair Community

Hi!

My first time here!

(My english is not the best- sorry)

I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL Case and i want to install 9 QL fans and stripes now.

3 are for my AIO (NZXT Kraken X73) and the others in the case.

My question now: You can plug in 6 fans into a lighting node core. When i have more than 6 fans i need 2 cores. Do i get problems with the effects now or is this possible with the Software- or can i plug a core into a core so the Software is controlling the 9 fans in the right order?

And can i plug the stripes into the core or do i need someting else?

Thanks!

The Lighting Node Core devices supply lighting power to fans and fans only. You cannot chain them together and they are limited to 6 QL fans. You will need to use 2 Cores device or another lighting controller for fans 7,8,9.

The RGB Strips need a lighting controller as well. The traditional multi-purpose lighting controllers are the Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro. A Commander is fan speed controller as well. Each of these has two RGB channel each, so they take strips on one and fans or something else on the other. That also may be the solution to the 9 QL fan issue.

If you only have 1 Lighting Node Core because you bought 1 3x120 multi-pack and 6 single QL120s, then you need another controller. The Core device is not sold individually. You could send 3 singles back and get another multi-pack, but that does not resolve the strips issue. The most direct solution is to get a Lighting Node Pro and then you also will need 1 RGB Lighting Hub. The last 3 QL connect to the RGB hub. The RGB hub connects to the LNP channel 1. The strips connect to Ch. 2. In my testing, iCUE gives priority to the Core device over the LNP and Commander. So put the fans you want 1-6 on the Core, 7-9 on the LNP.

There are two strong warning that go along with this. #1 - The Lighting Node Pro can't take a lot of current and the QL do use up a bit. You won't be able to add more QL fans to those 9. When you do, the LNP will shut off channel 2 (the strips). #2 - The RGB hub can be hard to find. It like the Core, comes in multi-packs of LL and ML fans. $10 USD is the normal price. Beware of huge price inflation from 3rd parties.

Because of the above, you might be happier sending 3 single QLs back for a multi-pack with another Core. There is issues.. 1) You still need a Node Pro for the strips; 2) You won't be able to control which Core device loads first in iCUE. Sometimes it will be #1. Sometimes #2. This only matters for the sequenced lighting presets. For all of the above solutions, there is no "9 fan control". You will have to program them a one set of 6 and one set of 3 for most things.

If you want fan speed control through iCUE, you will need a Commander Pro. That device also has a lighting controller, so it eliminates the need for the Node Pro. However, you will still need either 1 RGB Lighting Hub or another Core.