Corsair Community

Force 3 60 GB daily bsod

typhoondarkness

Mmmh yeah welcome to the club. I've had this disk for about 20 days now and since day 2 I've been experiencing freeze ups sometimes leading to BSOD's. My system is stable, this problem is cause of the disk and so far there is no _REAL_ solution to the problem (just look in this section of the forum...)

Going to try and get my money back but I'm not sure if I can return it since it's been a while since I bought it.

// Quite disappointed

I think there is compatibility issue with your laptop.

Sandforce controller is known for lots of compatibility problem.

I have Force3 60GB in my Asus N61JQ laptop with Intel HM55 chipset, and it works beautifully. I was lucky enough not to be one of them with detection problem, sudden disconnection, BSOD, or sleep/hibernate issue. My firmware is 1.2.

But I have to buy my 2nd SSD for my desktop, I think I'll buy different controller this time. I can't be lucky all the time.

I think there is compatibility issue with your laptop.

Sandforce controller is known for lots of compatibility problem.

I have Force3 60GB in my Asus N61JQ laptop with Intel HM55 chipset, and it works beautifully. I was lucky enough not to be one of them with detection problem, sudden disconnection, BSOD, or sleep/hibernate issue. My firmware is 1.2.

But I have to buy my 2nd SSD for my desktop, I think I'll buy different controller this time. I can't be lucky all the time.

Hi serville. Thanks for responding, Hows the speakers on your laptop, is it better than the asus n53? thanks

Mmmh yeah welcome to the club. I've had this disk for about 20 days now and since day 2 I've been experiencing freeze ups sometimes leading to BSOD's. My system is stable, this problem is cause of the disk and so far there is no _REAL_ solution to the problem (just look in this section of the forum...)

Going to try and get my money back but I'm not sure if I can return it since it's been a while since I bought it.

// Quite disappointed

I hope I can fix mine, Ill try and fix it for 5 more days and then return it if I can't. ...I don't want to keep trying if its a disc problem though

I've managed to get some stability doing the following ( 10 days without BSOD until now ):

1. Ensure that you have HotPlug set to disable in BIOS ( take a look in the BIOS, but usually notebooks have very limited options )

2. Uninstall IRST & Intel Management Engine ( take care as Microsoft has released an update which includes Intel Management Engine drivers - I manually uninstalled the driver from the Device Manager after noticing the update )

3. Restart PC & let Windows revert to MsAHCI & find your drive(s); after Windows found everything reboot again

4. Apply this reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci\Controller0]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci\Controller0\Channel0]
"TreatAsInternalPort"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci\Controller0\Channel1]
"TreatAsInternalPort"=dword:00000001

5. Reboot and run WEI; reboot again

Hi serville. Thanks for responding, Hows the speakers on your laptop, is it better than the asus n53? thanks

Soundwise, I'm not impressed with the Altec speaker in N61. It's a little better than standard laptop. The speaker in N53 should be better than N61. People say it has better clarity than N61.

Archived