Corsair Community

K63 + Dark Core mouse... 2 USB tranceivers required?

atomiccc

Hi there,

I just purchased the new K63 + lapboard for use in my livingroom... and I'm considering purchasing the Dark Core mouse to replace my Logitech G900...

Will each device require its own 2.4GHz USB transceiver? Or can I use one for both devices?

Thanks!

Also, secondary question about the Dark Core... is the scroll wheel on it one that will spin indefinitely until I stop it? The G900 will spin for several seconds before coming to a stop on its own and that is a feature I find very appealing... in the past I've used scroll wheels that have a friction and stop with each turn, making it impossible to do one swipe motion and have it continue moving.

• Corsair Employee

First and foremost, congratulations on your new purchase!

Yes, you will need independent dongles for our K63 Wireless and Dark Core mice. This decision was based on the principle of performance, which is the main focus for both of these products. Through our own testing we found that when connecting both devices through a singular dongle like other manufacturers, there were significant enough performance drops that we felt would compromise the user experience in a gaming scenario.

The free scroll wheel you mentioned is patented tech, and not available on any of our mice.

• Corsair Employee
Aaaah, thanks for the update, Nick. Makes sense: re the two dongles. As far as the free spinning wheel being a Logitech patent... wow that is lame... not having friction on a spinning wheel is patentable?!

You can skip the dongle entirely and go bluetooth if you want to minimize the ports used by the K63 wireless and Dark Core and don't mind a bit of added latency, (we're talking from 1ms w/dongle to roughly 7ms w/bluetooth).

That being said, you'll have to use the dongles if you want to change the lighting profiles or have any custom key mappings (these would be saved to the hardware profile slots on the K63/Dark Core so you can switch to them while on bluetooth).

Archived