Corsair Community

Commander Pro + ICUE Fan Control #4

mmogaming

I installed Commander Pro in my Case and installed the ICUE software. Everything is working BUT for one of the fans. I cannot control the speed of the fan. It "hovers" around 1000 RPMs. I try to change it to extreme, quiet, and balance. It will not change.

I already tied the force firmware update for the commander pro, still will "stick" at the 1000 RPMs. Not sure what else I can do to change that RPM.

Fan 4 is in the rear case fan and looking to "adjust" the RPMs

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Try moving it to #5 or 6 on the Commander and see if the behavior changes.

Ok this is crazy.

I moved the 3 pin connector to the #5 slot on the commander pro and booted up. The RPM of that Fan would only stay around 800 RPM. I changed the settings in the ICUE software to extreme and balance, started a game of battlefield and it would just stay around 800 RPM.

I moved the fan pin connector BACK to the #4 slot and booted up. The RPM now is STAYING at 1000 RPM. This is NOT making sense to me.

Can a FAN be bad and be "stuck"? But one slot has it stuck at around 800 and the other at 1000. I am puzzled at this moment.

Maybe I need to complete remove ICUE and reinstall (complete removal, etc, just not sure how to do the full removal but the standard uninstall)?

Thoughts?

Hi buddy.. Open a support ticket with Corsair.. sounds like you have a couple of damaged headers...

quick question... have you hot swopped the fan power cables on the Commander Pro? (unplugged/plugged while it is powered up?) doing so can result in the above issues

Make sure you have changed the Commander Pro settings to "3 pin" to reflect the SP-Pro DC motors. I do not think it is related since if it was on auto or PWM from the menu, the fan would run at maximum 12v (PWM) and not hang lower. Nevertheless, this falls into 3 seconds of your time check list.

Before we get to far down this road, maybe we should talk about your fan curve and its control variable. Just because you start doing something, doesn't necessarily mean the fan should react. Can you show us the Performance tab with the curve exposed?

Make sure you have changed the Commander Pro settings to "3 pin" to reflect the SP-Pro DC motors. I do not think it is related since if it was on auto or PWM from the menu, the fan would run at maximum 12v (PWM) and not hang lower. Nevertheless, this falls into 3 seconds of your time check list.

Before we get to far down this road, maybe we should talk about your fan curve and its control variable. Just because you start doing something, doesn't necessarily mean the fan should react. Can you show us the Performance tab with the curve exposed?

This is most interesting, I was looking at my ICUE Software and for my H150i Pro there was a section in my performance tab with a button for "All Devices". It was clicked and enabled. Once I "un-enabled" it all the fans went back to their standard profiles and I could adjust them as needed.

That is STRANGE! I would think if I clicked that button it would only affect the H150i Pro and not all fans associated in the ICUE Software. Maybe a new bug??

Anyone else experience this before? Or do they even have this "All Devices" button?