Corsair Community

CES 2017: K95 RGB Platinum

Wulfster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh look they embedded the logo so it doesn't wipe off because of weak adhesive, like on the Strafe RGB.

Glad I and others could beta test for Corsair so they can improve their products.

http://i.imgur.com/g6artTc.png

Really disappointed. I have loved my g15 from Logitech for about a decade now. Loved the design of the k95 as the only keyboard around that followed in the footsteps of the g15. The only glaring issue was the gkey module that looked cheap compared to the aluminium on the rest of the board. THAT was the only thing you needed to address and you never did. This industry is at peak RGB. We didn't need another RGB light edge. If I had to pick between a gimmick like an RGB light edge and a full bank of gkeys the choice is simple. Maybe I'm in the minority, you probably focus grouped the changes and came up with this board, but I expected better.

so i waited for the new K95 Rapidfire RGB and what did we get:

Speed Switches

USB Passthrough

12 Less Macro Keys

$200 Price Tag

yeah umm no you can keep it.

i'll pass.

K70 RGB Rapidfire is starting to look good right about now. Hell the K95 RGB still looks like a great option aswell since cherry reds and more macros is a nice tradeoff for a much lower price.

Speed Switches

USB Passthrough

12 Less Macro Keys

$200 Price Tag

i'll pass.

K70 RGB Rapidfire is starting to look good right about now. Hell the K95 RGB still looks like a great option aswell since cherry reds and more macros is a nice tradeoff for a much lower price.

You know I read somewhere that the team at Corsair consider this more a successor to the K70 than the K95. Kinda looks like the love child of both.

Best

Wulf :D:

Speed Switches

USB Passthrough

12 Less Macro Keys

$200 Price Tag

i'll pass.

There are also brown switches, and most of all you get hardware playback which peoples have been asking since the start since it was not available before. Now peoples can finally use lighting effects and actions without CUE.

does anyone know if Corsair plans on ever coming out with mx blues for this board? And if they do are they still playing the "blues are hard to make game" That excuse worked a couple of years ago, but years later seems harder to believe.

gskill has an rgb board with mx blues that are in stock everywhere i look. they dont seem to have trouble getting Cherry to pump out the blues for them.

i could ALMOST justify the crazy high price ($265 in Canada) if I got blues out of it. I really like the light bar on top, but I am not a fan at all of that razer-like font. How hard is it to offer a choice of key fonts?

Corsair, please BLUE ME! - then just take my money

Well, the gunmetal plate one said initially only speed switches. But I assume that just means browns later like the black plate.

If only corsair would go with those modular socketed switches. You could pop blues into whatever you bought (i would go with silent-black and greens).

Its like all their new models are two steps foreward (better lighting controller, , passthrough, fonts, brightness, hardware lighting modes), one step back (fewer and fewer switch options).

Oh look they embedded the logo so it doesn't wipe off because of weak adhesive, like on the Strafe RGB.

Glad I and others could beta test for Corsair so they can improve their products.

http://i.imgur.com/g6artTc.png

Had the same thing happen on my Strafe rgb. I took the whole thing off cos it looks tacky anyway. Looks FAR better without it, nice clean look. ;):

Best

Had the same thing happen on my Strafe rgb. I took the whole thing off cos it looks tacky anyway. Looks FAR better without it, nice clean look. ;):

Best

The Strafe is their budget model, that's likely why worse build quality. Even older Corsair keyboards had the logo embedded in, except the ones with the "tramp stamp" logo. The LUX RGB keyboards don't suffer this as well.

The Strafe is their budget model, that's likely why worse build quality. Even older Corsair keyboards had the logo embedded in, except the ones with the "tramp stamp" logo. The LUX RGB keyboards don't suffer this as well.

With £5 - £10 difference from Strafe RGB to K70 LUX RGB I'd hardly call them "their budget model." Maybe your confusing them with the K55 keyboards?

The Strafe still has superior RGB thanks to the white backplate even though the LUX models (with "premium" materials) are updated to use the Strafe's leds.

That said I would like the new K95 RGB Platinum to add to my ever increasing keyboard collection. Even though it has no white backplate but uses "premium" materials. :D:

Best

Wulf

With £5 - £10 difference from Strafe RGB to K70 LUX RGB I'd hardly call them "their budget model." Maybe your confusing them with the K55 keyboards?

The Strafe still has superior RGB thanks to the white backplate even though the LUX models (with "premium" materials) are updated to use the Strafe's leds.

That said I would like the new K95 RGB Platinum to add to my ever increasing keyboard collection. Even though it has no white backplate but uses "premium" materials. :D:

Best

Wulf

Budget for mechanical RGB stuff. It's the price of a K65 RGB LUX. Even then, they based it off the Strafe, which is a bit cheaper I think...

Well I've recently bought a Roccat MK FX, Ducky YOTM to go with my Strafe RGB silent, shine 3 and Logitech G910 spark. I guess a K95 RGB platinum would be a good addition :D:

Think if I stick some white keycaps on it they should help improve the strength of the colours. Cos RGB ALL THE THINGS!! :D:

Best

Wulf

Will there be a K95 RGB Platinum LUX version available with the Silent Cherry MX keys? I believe that would be the perfect keyboard for me.

Why the LUX suffix?! That suffix was added to the original K65/K70/K95 RGB to differentiate them since they have a new LED controller and an USB pass-through. There is no need to add it to the K95 Platinum :D:

Why the LUX suffix?! That suffix was added to the original K65/K70/K95 RGB to differentiate them since they have a new LED controller and an USB pass-through. There is no need to add it to the K95 Platinum :D:

Oh ok ,was unaware.I apologize.Will there be one with Silent Cherry MX Keys ?

We did an extensive survey and 95% of people do not use more than 6 macro keys. On top of that, every single key is remap-able as well.

How did you collect this information out of curiosity?

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in this switch.

I literally just want a K95 RGB with the new lighting controller as my keyboard flickers all the time.

I use 13 G-Keys minimum on all my profiles, and when Using M1-3 combos I have one profile with 54 of them used.

I'm quite sad by this news and will not be upgrading my keyboard :(

Archived