Corsair Community

Corsair Link recognizes NZXT Kraken X41 as Corsair HG80GT

gkaefer

I'm running a NZXT Kraken X41 pump on my Xeon using NZXT's CAM Software.

I'm using Corsair Link 3.1.5570 because I wanna use my Corsair H100i with my upcoming Graphic Card.

since update to Link 3.1.5570 following happens:

if I start CAM Software the NZXT Kraken X41 is recognized as Kraken X41.

If I start Corsair Link first, than CAM Software Fails to detect the X41 and Corsair Link detects an Corsair Hi80GT. all works well,inlcusive LED customization all works fine.

Georg

corsair-and-kraken-X40-1.thumb.png.e2126c7d5d86fcc90e1376660fc8f54d.png

corsair-and-kraken-X40-2.thumb.png.7e33ffd295a26e96c96f19c57a2db7c0.png

corsair-and-kraken-X40-3.thumb.png.42a0d89eec7c351e277e6b2ac63e0da4.png

Its makes sense that it would confuse them as both coolers were made by Asetek. I am also willing to bet that they are the exact same pump design just with external cosmetic changes.

The only thing that really separate these coolers that are the made by Asetek are the fans and the software provided with them which are from the manufactures (Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, Zalman, EVGA) this is the only difference in the price of one over another. Its the same exact pump, radiator, tubing, etc.

http://asetek.com/customers/do-it-yourself.aspx

I expect if you check the NZXT Kraken X41 USB information the Vendor ID will be 0x2433 (Asetek) as below. Given this is not 0x1B1C (Corsair) then CL should not be treating this as a H80iGT.

I believe this is a bug in CL that Corsair need to fix. I would report it via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

Others have reported this conflict with one being http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=779634.

Corsair, what is the URL that specifies if using CL and CAM at the same time is supported and what interoperability testing you have done please?

I expect you will get other issues running CL and CAM at the same time for the reasons I mentioned in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21901&stc=1&d=1434094204

KRAKEN.png.2c64d98e7e0a2b65df1e3a2be5616b8f.png

We haven't done interoperability testing with CAM, why would we?.

To good software engineers it is axiomatic this is needed as it was when I was testing the CL and SIV interoperability. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115.

Corsair should have done interoperability testing to ensure that CL does not report the NZXT Kraken X41 as a H80iGT and similar. That way they could fix the error before releasing CL.

CAM is going to conflict with CL, that should practically be expected.

Were CL correctly written it would be safe to run CAM and CL at the same time. However as I pointed out in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037 this is currently not the situation, though from the first link it used to be.

This has now been corrected in the latest CL 3.2 releases :biggrin:, however as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=804133 shows there is now a different issue caused my NZXT failing to so interoperability testing :asskick:.

Despite my intense desire to ignore you, red-ray, unfortunately this particular bug is a pretty serious one. Why we're not checking vendor ID with hardware ID I have no idea, but I've reported it.

I'm follow this forum only to see how Corsair "don't solve" the issues with CLINK software.

And using your words: "Despite my intense desire to ignore you: Dustin (also Wytnyt & Stealthgaming until now), unfortunately this particular Software (SIV) is more than a pretty serious one to use Corsair hardware."

Perhaps you don't have understand who Red-Ray is.

Following this "politic" I will never buy another Corsair "object".

Read your post here and think...

An "old" Corsair user.

Despite my intense desire to ignore you, red-ray, unfortunately this particular bug is a pretty serious one. Why we're not checking vendor ID with hardware ID I have no idea, but I've reported it.

This is a clear example of one department not communicating with another. Red-ray points out what Corsair is doing wrong and how to correct it. you report it and instead they jump on it right away and release a quick fix it gets swept under the rug because someone in charge is more concerned with pushing out more products for more profit so they can have a good quarter than fix the existing products out there.

And its unfortunate because the admins on the forum gets all the flack for non working hardware and software and the individuals that make it this way hide behind closed doors and do not take part in the community to see what their end product is doing.

• Corsair Employee
This is a clear example of one department not communicating with another. Red-ray points out what Corsair is doing wrong and how to correct it. you report it and instead they jump on it right away and release a quick fix it gets swept under the rug because someone in charge is more concerned with pushing out more products for more profit so they can have a good quarter than fix the existing products out there.

And its unfortunate because the admins on the forum gets all the flack for non working hardware and software and the individuals that make it this way hide behind closed doors and do not take part in the community to see what their end product is doing.

No one is doing any hiding. There are separate processes and teams to handle different aspects of product development and support. You wouldn't ask a PM to fix a bug as much as you wouldn't ask sales to read the forums. Everyone here at Corsair wants to release a good product but not everyone can do each other's job either.

No one is doing any hiding. There are separate processes and teams to handle different aspects of product development and support. You wouldn't ask a PM to fix a bug as much as you wouldn't ask sales to read the forums. Everyone here at Corsair wants to release a good product but not everyone can do each other's job either.

A careful selection of examples ;):. As the product developer I have worked directly with end users to resolve issues on many occasions over the past 30+ years. To be clear I don't mean for SIV.

On many occasions this was the most productive way to ensure the customer got what was needed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22018&stc=1&d=1435191197

399147341_Whatthecustomerreallyneeded.jpg.f8d63af108eccf98e0221cfbedf07de9.jpg

The idea that "product people" face design and planning, "production people" face operations, "sales people" face distribution and customers, and "customer service people" face final users is ridiculous, and it results in flawed, dysfunctional products like Link, and in this day and age, potentially in major legal headaches. Successful organizations describe themselves as customer-driven rather than product-driven, and everybody faces the customer, embracing first-level customer interaction and feedback at all levels and in all functions.

If Corsair is really the sort of old fashioned place where customer interaction is encapsulated and isolated, so that product, sales and production people can do their jobs unmolested by customer noise, my prediction is that, not only will we NEVER see a fix for Link, the entire company will be out of business within a few years.

Today I got an email offer for a discount if I bought an RMi PSU. One of the selling points was the ability to control it with Link. How can a serious company do things like this? How is it possible that, instead of finding a permanent solution for its control software not working, Corsair continues to promote and sell hardware based on it, while releasing weak fix after weak fix? Does somebody at Corsair really think this is a winning strategy?

• 2 months later...
We haven't done interoperability testing with CAM, why would we?

I just started up CAM and the fan speed of my H80iGT changed :(: this was shortly followed by:

attachment.php?attachmentid=22730&stc=1&d=1441061850

I am currently pondering what I should do about this and feel NZXT :(: should have a forum as Corsair :biggrin: do.

Eventually I posted http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/9571974-cam-crashes-if-the-system-has-corsair-h80igt on camfeedback which is rather limited and does not even allow attachments.

I there is no way CAM should be changing the fan speed of a H80iGT and am wondering if Corsair can help in addressing this.

870426708_NZXTCAMhasissues.png.fd2a84b9b278f07e0e51af660c971cdb.png

That sounds like an issue with NZXT's CAM software; since both coolers are using Asetek controllers, I suspect therein lies the rub. We fixed our software so it didn't detect the Kraken X41 as an H80i GT, but I wonder if they've done the reverse.

Yes, it's obviously an NZXT CAM bug and they have not. I was wondering if Corsair could report this to Asetek who could ask NZXT to fix it as I assume Corsair are none to happy about NZXT CAM causing issues for their users. For me it's no big deal, but for some others it would be. When all the coolers were CoolIT this would never be a problem, but it's now likely to start being one.

SI_GetProductString() returns as below and they need to filter on the VID which is what I assume CL now does.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24009&stc=1&d=1453413274

The issue was finally fixed in CAM V3

1505057645_SIUSBDevices.thumb.png.37030df46b61cb4f445ac557ea523a3b.png

Everyone here at Corsair wants to release a good product but not everyone can do each other's job either.

:evil:

Based on my experiences with CorsairLink, I find that hard to believe. I own my own software company btw. CorsairLink is just absolutely fundamentally broken. It needs to be built-up from scratch at this point. Ideally, you'd hire the developer of SIV since he is doing a better job in his spare time than your company is. I'd have returned my Commander fan control for being completely and utterly useless if it wasn't for SIV.

...and I have to say I agree with rubley00. There's simply not enough good excuses in the world to explain how Corsair Link still, after several years and with endless promises, is as badly written as it is. Not only does it get communication with Corsair own devices wrong 50% of the time, but it doesn't even do the very basic things like window drawing, taskbar icon, menus etc right. And, it's so unresponsive that it looks like it's single threaded - in 2015. After buying the H100i GTX I was months without any software even being able to recognize my hardware (water temp sensor). Now the sensor is recognized, but neither the fans nor the pump responds to any commands from the software. I've just given up.

I don't appreciate being censored

You too, huh? Do you think your post was removed because it mentioned uncomfortable truths (IIRC you said that Corsair's approach to Link is both flawed and dishonest, and that forum reps were tasked with dealing with the predictable outcry to the best of their abilities while the people who should be fixing the software focused, instead, on pushing product out the door) or for some other, arcane, reason??

Archived