Corsair Community

H100i GTX Cooler Temp is zero

Nadar

I just built a new system, and against my better judgement bought the H100i GTX CPU cooler. I have a commander and cooling node on another computer which I have really given up a couple of years ago because of the state of Corsair Link.

I naively hoped that things would have improved since the last time I visited these forums, but it seems they haven't.

I started by installing the latest version, v3.1.5525. After rebooting and looking through all the irrelevant sensors and devices, I found the H100i GTX stuff. The "Cooler Temp" reports 0 degrees celcius. I guess that that's supposed to be water temperature..? In any case, I doubt it's really 0 degrees as that's way below room temperature. If I watch it for a long time, it will sometimes show a different reading for a very short time, which seems reasonable (e.g. 28 C).

Being used to the way Corsair Link used to work, I started downgrading hoping to find a version that would do what I need. So, I uninstalled and installed v2.7.5361. To my surprise, this wouldn't recognize the H100i GTX at all. So, I had to uninstall this, and reinstall the latest. I didn't try any earlier versions, because I suppose the reason is that the H100i GTX is to "new" for previous versions. That means that I'm stuck with v3.1.5525, which doesn't work.

This again means that I have no sensible regulation of my cooling. The way I is now, I have to switch the fans to "fixed 100%" and the pump to "performance" when I'm doing some heavy stuff, and then switch them back to "quiet" when I'm done. This forfeits the whole purpose of having a sensor driven automatic system.

Is there any way to get the water temp available as a custom curve source, as this is the only way I can see that this setup makes any sense?

I noticed that CL also has a problem reading my CPU temp - a 5820K. It reports 0 degrees as well, and annoyingly flashes red. While it doesn't really matter to me if the CPU temp isn't there, it seems that it might "disturb" the reading of the water temp. If I rightclick the 5820K temp and select "remove device", the "H100i GTX Cooler Temp" will most of the time show a reasonable value for a couple of seconds. But, then Corsair Link autodetects the 5820K temp sensor and adds it again, making me wonder why I have to option to remove it at all. Anyway, as soon as the CPU Temp is back, they both show 0 degrees and flash red.

I guess it could be a problem with the temp sensor in my brand new H100i GTX, but from previous experiences with Corsair Link I'm 99,999% sure it's a software bug. How do I get this working?

The two devices I have under "devices" that's relevant to the H100i GTX is:

1. Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device - version 3.3
  2. H100iGTX Cooler - version 2.3.0.0

Trying to update firmware simply reports that "Corsair Link did not detect any devices that need to be updated." That either means that the H100i GTX is at the latest firmware, or another software bug - I simply don't know, but at least it's not an option for me to update firmware to get around the bug.

That's great, even though I'm a bit unsure of what is "unamerican" with my Corsair Link. The software is the same, we're all downloading it from the same place. Does that mean that there's hardware difference? Or is it about non-english Windows versions?

Anyway, is there an ETA on the next version/the fix?

• Corsair Employee
Non-English versions of the software. It's actually a really stupid error in the code. I wish I had an ETA on the next version for you, but we have to do our due diligence in making sure new versions of Link don't introduce new and exciting problems when they fix existing ones.

It can't actually have anything to do with the "different versions of Corsair Link for US/the rest", I'm guessing it has to do with either windows language or windows locale settings. I connected via VPN in California to Corsair and downloaded Corsair Link again, it is the exact same file with exact same timestamps and size (I haven't actually hashed it, but I'm confident it's the same file). The issues are also exactly the same after I installed this version.

• 2 weeks later...
in BIOS set the CPU fan to PWM.
How would that relate to this problem?

My MB has two CPU fan connections, one 3 pin and one 4 pin/PWM. It leaflet that came with the H100i GTX indicated that I should connect it to the 3 pin connector - and I did at first - the result of that was that the pump wouldn't run at all, because the mainboard obviously gave to low a voltage. So, it is connected to the PWM output now, since that means it's getting 12V all the time, and the pump is running.

The water sensor bug however is unrelated to this as far as I can tell.

Having the same issue, I am living in Denmark. :[pouts:

The cooler is running, an my CPU temp according to my ROG Front panel is somewhere between 30c and 45c degrees, so my unit i working fine.

But corsair link, i showing no fan RPMs and no pump RPMs, and the gauges are just flashing red.

Hopefully they will have a solution to this problem soon. :sigh!:

366650066_Corsairlink.png.a81250e55f954199502879d5201a44df.png

No new version as far as I can see, still not working for me. It's a shame really, that Corsair don't stop the sales of these as long as the software doesn't work.

If they were to have stopped sales for Corsair Link not working, they would have had to stop sales of their cooling solutions 2 years ago. They care more about sales, than satisfied customers. This is why after 2 years Corsair Link is still a buggy mess.

If they were to have stopped sales for Corsair Link not working, they would have had to stop sales of their cooling solutions 2 years ago. They care more about sales, than satisfied customers. This is why after 2 years Corsair Link is still a buggy mess.

I know and agree, but the case with the GTX is "extreme" in that the water temp sensor simply isn't detected/shown by CL. It really renders the whole product useless, as this is the only sensible thing to control things by.

Having the same issue, I am living in Denmark. :[pouts:

The cooler is running, an my CPU temp according to my ROG Front panel is somewhere between 30c and 45c degrees, so my unit i working fine.

But corsair link, i showing no fan RPMs and no pump RPMs, and the gauges are just flashing red.

Hopefully they will have a solution to this problem soon. :sigh!:

In my case, only the water temp is 0. I did however have the same problem you do right after mounting it all, and the problem was that I followed the instructions on the "quick installation" pamphlet and connected the GTX pump to a voltage regulated (3 pin) CPU Fan connector. That didn't work, since my motherboard sent a to low voltage. While the GTX had enough power to be detected, everything showed 0 and my fans didn't actually turn. I doubt that the pump was doing much either. I moved it to the 4 pin/PWM CPU Fan connector, since that delivers a constant 12 V (it's the fourth pin which isn't in use that regulates the speed on PWM). Try that, and see if you get RPM's on fans and pump, and if your CPU temp doesn't fall quite a bit. Mine now idles at 25 degrees, and if I manually put fans and pump on "performance" it doesn't go above 30 under load ;)

Honestly, you're probably better off ditching the cooler altogether instead of waiting for an update that might fix the problem but will inevitably introduce five more. No indication of progress in the past month despie Corsair's due diligence being applied to this stupid problem (their words). We were recently told to expect a complete overhaul of Link that would correct the course but it ended up being built to the usual Corsair standard. Don't hold your breath for a fix.

Honestly, you're probably better off ditching the cooler altogether instead of waiting for an update that might fix the problem but will inevitably introduce five more. No indication of progress in the past month despie Corsair's due diligence being applied to this stupid problem (their words). We were recently told to expect a complete overhaul of Link that would correct the course but it ended up being built to the usual Corsair standard. Don't hold your breath for a fix.

I hope you are wrong, albeit I fear that you're right. I have decided to give them some more time before RMA'ing it though.

Dustin, I've actually created the account just to say thanks! (I guess I might actually use it in future :)

I understand how frustrating it is to see this angry mob, knowing you have the cure but aren't allowed actually give it to us.

• Corsair Employee
Dustin, I've actually created the account just to say thanks! (I guess I might actually use it in future :)

I understand how frustrating it is to see this angry mob, knowing you have the cure but aren't allowed actually give it to us.

The encouragement is appreciated. I handle a lot over here, but I do try to regularly rattle cages re: Corsair Link.

Just as a matter of interest, what proportion of Link complaints (like these) do you get compared to the number of coolers sold? The problem is that very few people come on here to say "thanks, Link works perfectly for me", most come on to try to find a solution to a problem. That's how I came on here first, with a problem with an H100i not being detected.

Just as a matter of interest, what proportion of Link complaints (like these) do you get compared to the number of coolers sold? The problem is that very few people come on here to say "thanks, Link works perfectly for me", most come on to try to find a solution to a problem. That's how I came on here first, with a problem with an H100i not being detected.

I struggle to see what your point is. This is a support forum, people aren't supposed to come here and write "Thanks, Link works perfectly for me". That would be utterly useless information. Furthermore, even if it did work for 80% (which I think VERY unlikely), that would still be unacceptable. People pay money for a product, and it's implied that they will get a working product back.

I believe that while some of the problems might be due to individual configurations/software setups, a lot of them is common to all. Like for example that you can't adjust custom curve RPM above 4000. It's been like that from the beginning of time, it would be easy to fix, yet it's not touched. I have fans that can do 13000 RPM, which makes a cap at 4000 RPM a joke. I also seriously doubt that e.g the cooler temp "problem" (on the H100i GTX) is some rare situation for me and my setup. My guess is that it either doesn't work anywhere, or that it doesn't work for particular hardware versions or particular OS versions. It's not some rare, freak situation. Yet only a few reports it here.

I think the problems are massively underreported. Some people probably don't know, and just runs it in default configuration (without using CL at all). Others probably never find this forum, and the ones who make it here is probably overwhelmed by all the problems reported here and see no point in repeating what is already reported by many others.

Archived