Corsair Community

Relocated Rules Discussion

This thread is titled 'X-Series, open discussion thread'. The word 'open' implies that the forum owners are indeed 'open' to discussion on this issue. NOT SO!!!!

I can defend myself in any debate or discussion - I am willing to stand by others and help them to defend themselves .... and I am big enough to admit when I am wrong and apologize where necessary. I enjoy 'open' debate and I enjoy seeing a mutual resolution to a problem that has been reached through discussion and debate that is of benefit to everyone.

"WHAT I WILL NOT CONDONE OR STAND FOR IS CENSORSHIP"

This smacks of dicatorship and undermines the very rights we have to free speech and to have an opinion without restriction. I do not post anything that contravenes the rules of this forum, I do not use profanity that is likely to cause offense and I do not tell people to give Corsair a wide berth and buy another m/f's product.

Several of my posts, along with other users posts, have been deleted without comment. If this forum is going to stoop to censorship at these levels then I will feel obliged to take this discussion outside of these walls and into a more public place that is free from the kind of censorship that is being employed here - and it WILL be public to a great extent.

When a legitimate question is asked then a sensible and considered response should be given - not delete the post and make believe that everything in the garden is rosy.

I have complained to Customer Support, also. I also have had no response whatsoever.

And, to add insult to injury, it appears that I have had some of my posts and comments deleted as well.

I have re-read the rules and I can't see where or how I have broken them.

I also did a more thorough read through this thread and have seen that people have been banned for what they have written.

This isn't s kids forum it is mostly populated by adults I would imagine. I can't see children being able to in any way afford X Series SSDs.

So, at the risk of being banned I would like an explanation from the forum admin and the Corsair representative as to what exactly is happening here, because it certainly doesn't look good!

I am a loyal and paying customer. I have spent a lot of money on many occasions buying Corsair products and this whole thing is just not good enough.

I thought this was a SUPPORT FORUM?

Please explain!

Let's address a few points here and clear some things up.

1. Agreeing to the forum rules are a prerequisite for membership here.

2. Forum rules 3 and 6 should be of special interest: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

Excerpts:

"We reserve the right to edit/delete posts/threads at our discretion".

"Any and all information (threads / posts / PMs / images) submitted to this site by members on this forum are considered to be property of said forum. As such, we reserve the right to edit any and all information for clarity or other violations of the rules"

3. Janebaby, the only edits to any posts you have made, were made by you.

4. Davyc, NO legitimate posts and questions have been deleted.

5. No person has been banned unfairly. If you have not been banned, then this does not concern you and this is also not the correct area to discuss it.

6. This thread is posted in the SSD section and is here for discussing SSDs and supporting SSD customers ONLY. Quite a bit of the past 2 pages are off topic. If you wish to discuss something other than SSDs, such as rules and policies, there is a correct place for that. The correct place is NOT here in the SSD section.

Please keep the thread on topic or I'll be forced to take steps. I do not want to do that.

@ Yellowbeard

I understand the need and the necessity for rules - when applicable! More often than not posts have been deleted because someone voiced an opinion that hit home and *wham* deleted or edited.

Yes, the rules say that you have the right to do this 'n' that, but as with any rules and/or terms and conditions they should be flexible. Everyone here knows how touchy this subject is but instead of being handled with kid gloves we have the heavy hand approach.

One of my posts suggested the use of POLLS - I know that this forum software has an option for polls. It was suggested that they could be used to gather a consenus of opinions without the need for response and counter-response posts. It was deleted! A suggestion that 'could' have eased the tension and allowed people to vote anonymously. There was no explanation given why this post was deleted - just gone in sixty seconds.

Other people's posts have been deleted including Janebaby's because I read her response to a question and when I came back to see if their had been any replies hers was gone too.

You know Yellowbeard there is an opportunity here for peace and harmony but instead we end up in conflict - as had been stated many times by as many different people all we want is meaningful information and our questions answered. That is what 'support forums' are about - asking questions and getting answers. This is not the case here. And before you say that our questions have been answered many times, they have not; if they had been answered then people would not keep asking them. Your interpretation of an answer is obviously somewhat removed from what everyone else thinks; and I don't mean that disrespectfully.

And issuing threats such as "Please keep the thread on topic or I'll be forced to take steps. I do not want to do that." just aggravates an already sensitive issue. As I've mentioned before, don't go to war against your customers because you will just lose ... we want cooperation not confrontation.

And issuing threats such as "Please keep the thread on topic or I'll be forced to take steps. I do not want to do that." just aggravates an already sensitive issue. As I've mentioned before, don't go to war against your customers because you will just lose ... we want cooperation not confrontation.

It was actually a polite request. Posts relocated, not deleted.

Archived