Corsair Community

Void USB Sidetone volume is limited

ScarredMecha

• 1 year later...

1 year later and still no replies? I just purchased the Void USB RGB 7.1 and this issue is still present. Sidetone can't be heard unless you put the mic against your lips or in your mouth... Proper sidetone is one of the main reasons I bought the headset.

I'm on Windows 10, latest CUE software as of 5/30/17 (sorry, no version on hand at the moment) and I'm running into the same issue as the OP. I've already edited the VoidUSB xml file where it appears you can modify the <maxsidetonevolume> but in Windows, 25/100 is still the max.

Does ANYONE have a solution? :[pouts:

1 year later and still no replies? I just purchased the Void USB RGB 7.1 and this issue is still present. Sidetone can't be heard unless you put the mic against your lips or in your mouth... Proper sidetone is one of the main reasons I bought the headset.

I'm on Windows 10, latest CUE software as of 5/30/17 (sorry, no version on hand at the moment) and I'm running into the same issue as the OP. I've already edited the VoidUSB xml file where it appears you can modify the <maxsidetonevolume> but in Windows, 25/100 is still the max.

Does ANYONE have a solution? :[pouts:

To follow this up, since there's not much info out there on the issue, the config file under Program Files > Corsair > Corsair Utility Engine > devices > profile_void_usb.xml, has multiple <maxsidetone> tags. You need to update each of them to get Windows to allow the Sidetone levels to be increased, so set each of the tags to 100.

Once this was done, I could start hearing myself, albeit subtly. When playing a game with low background noise or just on the windows desktop in a quiet room, it is helpful. When in a loud game, it's no where near enough. It also causes crackling in the headset when talking very loud or yelling. For comparison, the XBox One TurtbleBeach headset the XO One, has only 3 sidetone levels, but I never have trouble hearing myself when playing a game...

Archived