Corsair Community

iCUE v3.8.91 keeps crashing

c3k

Can you be more specific? Crashing how? Full app quit? User Interface freezes and becomes unresponsive? Monitored values disappear?

Sure. There are about a half-dozen Windows Failure reports since I installed it. They all say "Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\Corsair.Service.exe" has stopped working. Then, like windows does, it gives a bunch of codes. I'll attach a jpg of one.

1340021950_icue02.thumb.JPG.92caf46f1eb0d26e966c9eec97259703.JPG

Today, I woke my computer from sleep.

iCUE had an oddity. See pix.

One of the two radiator fans was stuck at high speed, even though it had the same fan profile as the other fan. Again, see the pix.

iCUE was totally unable to modify that fan (RAD FAN 1) no matter what fan profile I loaded.

I exited iCUE and restarted iCUE. No change.

I had to reboot my computer and open iCUE. When I opened iCUE it showed that fan as running "Extreme" cooling profile. WTH???

I was then able to get iCUE to accept my default fan profile (Quiet Fans).

The software woke up with the wrong profile, it "lied" to me about what profile it was using...for one of two fans...and was unresponsive despite showing different profiles being loaded until I rebooted my machine.

Buggy.

992890044_icue03.thumb.JPG.1f8e30b5acfe19db0fea1815afa62a88.JPG

Just updated...we shall see. It's been a persistent problem through most of the versions.

Hmmm... then this likely isn't going to help. The lag/latency delay stuff is a bit more concerning and hard to troubleshoot, usually to the point I prefer to reinstall the OS rather than chase it for months on end. Not really a simple step to recommend, but if you are having any other issues...

Archived