Corsair Community

Did my h100iv2 fail?

chong4321

I've had my h100iv2 installed in a nas/media server for a few years and everything has been running fine. The other day the server lost its network connection. Long story short I started diagnosing and discovered that after turning the server on the CPU temp steadily rises for a couple minutes before the system locks up. I'm not overclocking and the server doesn't move. I suspect the h100iv2 has failed, but I'm just not sure. Does anyone have any advice?

Certainly possible and the slow march to the thermal shutdown point is the classic sign of a flow issue. If you have iCUE or Link installed, you can see the H100i v2 Temp (coolant temp). Anything over 40C is problematic and if it also is ticking upwards, a sure sign of cooler problem.

The H100i v2 gets its power from the motherboard connection. Make sure that is at 100%. It is easy to reset that back to default on BIOS updates. Aside from that, the symptoms suggest that unit is done. If you are still within the 5 year warranty and have a copy of the purchase receipt, you can contact Corsair through the Ticket Support System to start the RMA process. If you can't be down for more than a day or two, you need to go shopping. That's not all bad anyway. You will get a brand new H100i v2 in return for RMA, but that specific unit ends up this way more often than I would like. Given your use, something like the H100i Pro may be more reliable.