Corsair Community

cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 - which B350 mobo ?

Thakal

Hi,

I've already bought a cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 kit - corsair 3000mhz 2x8gb (red) which will go with a Ryzen 5 1600.

I'm looking for an am4 b350 compatible with it within their qvl but haven't found any yet. Any tips ? Wish not to run it @ 2133...

I've asked to Corsair and the answer I've got is that all AM4 motherboards will be compatible - but this not quite my worry. It's more being able to run it at a decent speed.

I've found a couple of x370 that would be compatible but I'm not sure it worth putting the extra money on this : for example the asus x370 pro but has awful reviews and no guarantee to run @ 2999 for twice the price of the mobo!

I've searched the web & the forum but it's either 2 months old (usually unsuccessful results but older bios) or not precise or relevant. If current users have feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yo,

I am running the Prime B350 with CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W x 2 sticks.

As it stands i can not reach the DOCP of 2934mhz it will fail the OC, running it at 2666.

However it does have a stable overclock with stock cooler @ 3825 with 2666mhz.

Important to note i did not have to change the volts other then what the stick took of the DOCP profile of the Corsair sticks.

What motherboard kinda depends on your OCíng needs the X versions have better OC specs for sure.

I went with the B350 because it was a good price with some X370 giving as you stated no guarantee of running the best DOCP profile.

CPU-Z: https://valid.x86.fr/54wsvp

Archived