Corsair Community

Corsair HS60 Surround - Mic very quiet and surround cutting out

MemeLord2203

So I've bought this headset 2 days ago, and ever since i plugged it in i keep getting told that I'm very quiet. I've read multiple threads already, but nothing that was recommended seemed to help, the only thing i havent tried is installing a software to boost the mic, but I'm not really a fan of that, since i dont want to rely on 3rd party software.

My other problem is, that whenever i activate the 7.1 Surround sound, after a while it will randomly cut out and back in. I've read that having the sound quality above 44.1khz makes windows 10 mess everything up, yet i cant seem to change the sound quality.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• 7 months later...

I've just opened a ticket for the same issue. I've tried hundreds of fixes. I doubt there's a fix anyone can suggest that I haven't tried.

Ultimately my windows mic volume indicator always stays low no matter how much I boost. I've tread all windows settings (mic and privacy), boosts in OBS (which works but the sound is sooooo distorted and noisey its pointless, like i have to use a 10dB+ boost), driver update etc, everything. On top of this my friends can hear my desktop audio even when I mute my mic so there's an internal audio leak somewhere.

I've never seen a fix by Corsair and I believe its a faulty design they don't want to admit otherwise imagine the recall cost!