The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 PM

POST ID # = 764053
sparkvolt Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
Excellent suggestion.

If they did that now, it would go a long way to restoring their reputation as far as I'm concerned.
LoL. Some good their warranty did for me. I put in for RMA cause mine has broken L key cap and few loose key caps after normal use of 4-5 months. I lost original receipt from local B&M store where I bought it. Was told they will offer me one time "courtesy" of replacing it, but once I get new keyboard warranty on it will only be 30 days. Great! Thanks! ... NOT.

Already moved past Corsair and this crap really. Got me Chroma couple of weeks ago and will accept their "courtesy" and keep K70 RGB as a "backup" keyboard or use it when I need to plug keyboard into server or something, which almost never happens thanks to IPMI.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:18 AM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764079
remilton Reputation: 10

Corsair actually did you a favor as many companies will not offer any warranty on a product without proof of purchase. You may not have gotten a new warranty with that new keyboard but at least you did get a new keyboard. You most likely wont need that warranty any way.

You must have been really unlucky with you original keyboard with broken and loose keys, I have a K90 I have had for several years and the keys and switches feel as good as the day I bought them and other than the surface of the keys being worn smooth the look good too.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 764129
Inheritance Reputation: 70

^ most companies wouldn't even have taken an RMA request. On a lot of companies sites you have to put in the order number from one of their authorized retailers first.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 03-04-2015, 12:58 PM

POST ID # = 764148
ginormity Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkvolt View Post
Already moved past Corsair and this crap really. Got me Chroma couple of weeks ago...
Corsair has pretty good build quality on keyboards, but not rock solid quality like Filco and Das, or even Ducky if you want lights. However, Razer is not close to rock solid or Corsair standards. Razer is known for good marketing but a higher incidence of faulty equipment and crappy customer interactions. Still, problems with Razer or Corsair keyboards are not normal. It's bad luck. Hopefully you won't get unlucky with Razer. You should resell your Corsair RGB for bank and get a $10 backup keyboard.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:12 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 764248
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man007 View Post
I echo a lot of the sentiments that are posted here. I appreciate Corsair being open enough to a point where they communicate their status with their customers which is why I continue to recommend Corsair in general (there is still more room for transparency however.)

With that said, the amount of time both my keyboards have spent in RMA and without its advertised features is ridiculous. I am stuck here on a borrowed rubber-dome keyboard as my K95 is in the process of an RMA. This is the second keyboard I've had to send in. Forget even trying to make use of the 512 colors that are showing up.

These issues are the exact kinds that I was trying to avoid when I decided to purchase the K70 and K95 RGB over the Razer Blackwidow Chroma. I felt that I was buying from a far more reputable brand which has had quality products in the past. I was not expecting such a terrible experience for so long after the product release. Even without the RMA's, the software bugs and freezes have made having an RGB keyboard pointless.

I believe Corsair should at minimum extend their 2 year warranty on the keyboard to start from the date they deliver on their advertised features (a keyboard that works with games [Steam], displays 16.8 million colors, etc. A finished product essentially.)

Why? I want to ensure that Corsair will maintain responsibility for their management decisions which lead them to the situation they are in. I am very much against companies who advertise features with the intent of adding them after product release. They should at the very least inform consumers that the feature will be enabled at a later point in time. Else, the consumer should rightly believe those features will come with the shipped product. I don't want to have a keyboard that is not warranted any more just as I finally get the product I thought I was purchasing.

I'm glad that Corsair is taking great steps to work with their customers. I have had positive experiences with Corsair James as well as the support staff which is why I am still here on the forums, but I believe there is still much more that Corsair do to learn from this experience. I hope Corsair takes something away from their interactions with their customers from the last few months such as with the keyboard issues and their logo switch :)
I'm pretty reasonable with RMA's with an expired warranty. As long as I'm here, if its a reasonable period after a warranty is over, I'll be more than happy to make exceptions. As I've always stressed, my PM box is always open for people to take up issues with as well as including warranty questions.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Octopus Prime

POST ID # = 764648
#1Man Reputation: 10

It does kinda suck we don't have these colours now but I don't mind if there truly will be a fix for us who don't want a different keyboard.

My only worry is the fix will come with the next iteration of their RGB line. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Flyer903's PC Specs

POST ID # = 765234
Flyer903 Reputation: 10

I have yet to comment on all this. I agree with a lot that's been said.

This is a gaming keyboard, says so on the top under Corsair. It won't correctly switch profiles when launching Far Cry 4, and if it does, it doesn't switch back. I understand, that's an issue with lots. I don't use Steam, just uPlay. It's frustrating, knowing that's it's purpose and it not working correctly.

That's really my only issue, aside from the main topic of the lighting. I remember looking at a profile I downloaded from the forum that someone made that has a slow not so gradient step upon key press, and thinking wow, that looks so very cheesy.

Moving past that, I really enjoy this keyboard.

I've read the entire 'other' thread before it blew up with the non sense at the end, and now this one waiting to hear something positive and reassuring. I'm still not. Reading through this, reflecting on the words of the CEO, I had a thought ... this isn't getting fixed in this version of hardware. It's going to be the next version of keyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Man View Post
It does kinda suck we don't have these colours now but I don't mind if there truly will be a fix for us who don't want a different keyboard.

My only worry is the fix will come with the next iteration of their RGB line. Hopefully that won't be the case.

This is the first time I've seen anyone say anything about this. I suspect that will be the issue.

From a technical standpoint, I suspect there is regret in not tapping into the passthrough USB cable to utilize the bandwidth. I would also bet there is a little regret in not putting memory on the PCB of the keyboard to push a profile to for the keyboard to utilize without having to consume bandwidth.

These 2 shortcoming would make a great revision if I'm right in the above.

I would love to hear some technical information on if I'm remotely right or not though.

Disclaimer: I am NOT an electrical engineer and I am NOT sure if those things are or aren't already implemented.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 765246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer903 View Post
From a technical standpoint, I suspect there is regret in not tapping into the passthrough USB cable to utilize the bandwidth. I would also bet there is a little regret in not putting memory on the PCB of the keyboard to push a profile to for the keyboard to utilize without having to consume bandwidth.

These 2 shortcoming would make a great revision if I'm right in the above.

I would love to hear some technical information on if I'm remotely right or not though.

Disclaimer: I am NOT an electrical engineer and I am NOT sure if those things are or aren't already implemented.
USB 3.0 is plenty fast and unless the keyboard is eating about 50 Mbps of data even 2.0 will work, also doesnt matter if its on board if the process is still done through the CPU. They could easily add all of those things but it would be exact same as the current Keyboards, what is lacking is a more powerful on board controller for the LED.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 AM

POST ID # = 765250
emiljensen2 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
USB 3.0 is plenty fast and unless the keyboard is eating about 50 Mbps of data even 2.0 will work, also doesnt matter if its on board if the process is still done through the CPU. They could easily add all of those things but it would be exact same as the current Keyboards, what is lacking is a more powerful on board controller for the LED.
But it would allow you to take keyboard profiles with you. I don't use it but I can see the usefulness of being able to take profiles with you on computers you don't have administrator on.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:26 AM

POST ID # = 765276
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer903 View Post
I had a thought ... this isn't getting fixed in this version of hardware. It's going to be the next version of keyboards.
I`ve had the same thought, and I agree with the other points you made.

I have already contacted the retailer that I bought my K70 RGB from. They have agreed to get it collected and give me a refund if I want. This is reassuring. If Corsair don't come up with a decent fix for the lack of colour range, I can return it and buy an alternative (maybe the next Corsair model, if it works properly).

In the event that the issue isn't properly resolved, and they do revise the hardware, I wonder if Corsair will offer all existing Kxx RGB owners an upgrade ?

Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 765337

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiljensen2 View Post
But it would allow you to take keyboard profiles with you. I don't use it but I can see the usefulness of being able to take profiles with you on computers you don't have administrator on.
So maybe add a USB port so you can stick a flash drive in? so that way you have a your profiles and you can use the USB or otehr stuff?

Old 03-10-2015, 02:39 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 765346
remilton Reputation: 10

Quote:
So maybe add a USB port so you can stick a flash drive in? so that way you have a your profiles and you can use the USB or otehr stuff?
You would not need a port on the kb to save or load profiles, any port on your computer should do.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 765370

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilton View Post
You would not need a port on the kb to save or load profiles, any port on your computer should do.
that means the memory would have to be on board and you would be limited to what you could save and share, not to mention increased cost for onboard memory itself a read and writing controller, and a way to mask it so you dont get a USB memory stick device when you plug in your computer. Yes it can be done but the RnD that it would take wouldnt be worth increasing the price by 10~20 $. Unless some of you want to pay more for such a simple feature.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 765379
aZe Reputation: 10

I am glad for the ETA and promise to fix the colors and if not we have the promise to get a refund.

More, one can not ask for.

Thank you very much.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:09 PM

POST ID # = 765427
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
that means the memory would have to be on board and you would be limited to what you could save and share, not to mention increased cost for onboard memory itself a read and writing controller, and a way to mask it so you dont get a USB memory stick device when you plug in your computer. Yes it can be done but the RnD that it would take wouldnt be worth increasing the price by 10~20 $. Unless some of you want to pay more for such a simple feature.
How do you know it would increase the price by $10 - $20 ?

I'd pay that for those features. After all, I`ve paid much more for 16.8 million colours, which I`ve yet to see.

Closed Thread