The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
randolla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562255
randolla Reputation: 10

Is the Corsair fan not working?

Have you closely checked the Molex? I just put in a couple of lights and the pins took a bit of work to seat correctly. Make sure the pins on the node are contacting the sockets well. You may want to try a different plug on your computer. To be really sure, you can pull the pins from the plastic Molex socket that connects to the Node and plug them into a socket from your power supply. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER AND TAPE THEM BEFORE YOU TURN ON THE POWER. If that does not work I would RMA it. If it does you know it was the Molex.

Is the Node connected to the Commander with the Digital wire?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 AM
BF3Addict's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562294
BF3Addict Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolla View Post
Is the Corsair fan not working?

Have you closely checked the Molex? I just put in a couple of lights and the pins took a bit of work to seat correctly. Make sure the pins on the node are contacting the sockets well. You may want to try a different plug on your computer. To be really sure, you can pull the pins from the plastic Molex socket that connects to the Node and plug them into a socket from your power supply. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER AND TAPE THEM BEFORE YOU TURN ON THE POWER. If that does not work I would RMA it. If it does you know it was the Molex.

Is the Node connected to the Commander with the Digital wire?
The Corsair fan, and for that matter all fans, work when plugged into the mobo. No power is getting thru the cooling node.

I plugged the cooling node Molex connector into three different outlets on a known good power cord. This power cord goes directly from the PSU to the H80 waterblock Molex connector, and the H80 is working properly. Unless all of the other outlets on that power cord are bad, then I'm not getting any power from the cord to the cooling node. The Molex pins are properly seated. All other cable connections are verified.

I'm getting data fed to the software and it's reporting everything except the powerless fans.

I'm of the opinion now that when I first powered up the unit something in the cooling node blew out. That would explain why the fans started turning initially then went dark.

Rmaguy, I would like a new cooling node. The Corsair RMA web page is not yet set up to RMA any link components. Could you help me start the process?

Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
randolla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562380
randolla Reputation: 10

Your best bet is to call them. Their number is either 510 657 8747 or 888 222 4346. I think their hours start at either 8 or 9am pacific time. Corsair does not seem to be reading these forums. I had to call to get Ramguy's attention but he has not been seen for the last couple of days. Maybe he has been off. Their support of this prodect has been close to non existent. Why can't you start an RMA online??? Because they have yet to set it up.

Good luck.