Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 AM
MrFizzbin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 560856
MrFizzbin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybabyface View Post
Wow. Just received the Corsair Link and the import charges were over $60 to Canada. Yikes!!!
Yep... $60.12! Courier Co. make a killing with this "brokerage service".
DO NOT PAY THESE OUTLANDISH AND INFLATED CHARGES! I paid $14.50 by clearing it through custom's myself. Here is what you do: (This is practicle only if you have a Canada Border Services Agency close by).
Call up your courier Co. once you get a notification of attempted delivery.
Tell them you will be clearing it through Customs yourself. They cannot tell you that you can't do it yourself, or you have to go to the original point of entry of the item. That is incorrect. In the case of UPS they tried that on me. I insisted, and they eventually passed me to a brokerage agent who knew exactly the drill. The Courier Co. will then provide you with the instructions of what to do: Usually where the closest CBSA is, the delay for them to get the manifest for you, (usually within 24-48 hours), they will ask a phone number where the courier Co. can reach you to let you know the manifest is ready. Once they call you to tell you that there manifest is ready at the courier co., you pick it up, go to the CBSA with your manifest, courier tracker documentation and a copy of the purchase invoice of the product. You'll pay the duties and taxes, they will stamp your manifest provided by the courier co. as being paid, give you a receipt, and off you go back to the courier co with your documents in hand to pick u your parcel.

Last edited by MrFizzbin; 02-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.