Corsair Community

New build with 570X Mirror glass woo

Alcasczar

So I decided to make a new build this time instead of another 500D SE I wanted to build in the mirror glass version of the 570x. My attempts to install a 280 MM RAD H115i PRO on the top failed cause Mobo clearance issues on the Maximus Hero X. Oh well.

So now I am going with a 360mm H150I Pro and mounting up front. Question is , is it worthwhile to go push pull since I will have room based on GPU and Motherboard or are the gains not worth it as much?

I was planning to setup this up as push/pull using 6 LL series fans with the included lighting hub and a Cpro which I already have but a couple issues I see with this are the need for another lighting hub if I wanted to add more RGB fans which I do. ( on top and rear of the case).

This case came with different fans but I am not using them or the the included controller since it doesn't work with the LL series fans from what I heard (or do they). I plan to test both methods of having the rad up front bring in cool air and the top fans exhaust air and then try having the rad up front push/pull hot air out and the top bring in cool air.

Let me know your thoughts.

While possible in the front, the 280mm just isn't a good fit for the 460/570X cases. This is a better option. In terms of CPU cooling, the push pull won't make much difference on coolant temps for the 8700/8086K. However, in terms of intake airflow volume, it probably increases what you put through the radiator restricted opening. Yes, if you double up with LL and take the count to 9, you would need another RGB Lighting Hub and a second RGB channel on the LNP or Commander Pro. However, before you commit, you might want to try it with LL on the front glass side and the included ML-quiet on the interior radiator side you measure effectiveness. Those fans are not RGB and do not require anything other than a fan control source. While the LL are stunning from the front, they are a bit less glamorous from the back. You may not want to spend the money for fans with a limited ambient lighting effect.

As you have recognized already, the Commander Pro will make this an easier task, allowing you to control both sets of fans on each side of the radiator in unison (3 on the H150i pro controller, 3 on C-Pro) and also bring iCUE fan speed control to the other 3 top/rear case fans.

Thanks for the reply C-attack.

Looks like I have another 6 port Corsair lighting hub that I wouldn't have to buy so there's that I think I would just need to buy the 3 LL series fans, the SP120 fans that came with the 570X can't be mixed on the same lighting hub with LL series fans can they? I think I read that they have to be the same fan type, what a crutch lol

Oh, I had forgotten about those already. True, you cannot mix the SP and LL on the same RGB hub, but if you have a spare RGM channel (#2) on the C-Pro, all it takes is one more Sata connector to power the RGB hub and the 3 SP. In terms of radiator fan efficiency, the ML are better, but the SP would/could provide a little more ambient lighting. The SP-RGB are 3 pin DC and must be power and controlled from the C-Pro or your motherboard. Might be something to consider. Regardless, I would wait until you have LL in hand before deciding to commit to more.

Archived