Corsair Community

RAM causing stuttering

Kettu

Hi there .

So I got really weird problem, I recently got 4 dimm of corsair vengeance rgb ram 4x8GB (cmw16gx4m2c3000c15) upgraded from 16 gb of vengeance lpx .

The problem is that when RGB is enabled on RAM games stutter like crazy, every half second ,but as soon as I turn off completely rgb effects on RAM games are running smooth no problems , I tried all kinds of BIOS Settings ,voltage, frequency, tried XMP ( crashes right away ) , so idk what to do, if anyone has an idea why using rgb on RAM would make games to stutter and as well humming .

I am using ASUS z370-f and 8700k (stock settings )

as well I checked difirent combinations for ram using 1 dimm at time or 2 at time cheking them separate .and still same result . stutter and noise.

thx

I think this could potentially be an issue/bug with the latest iCUE version 3.19. Is that the version you are running? If so, check out the thread below:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189897

I using the latest 3.19 , tried to reverse to older version . but for some reason previous version would crash on launch . I should probably try it again . go even more back on ICUE . maybe find a stable version

You are going to have to delete your iCUE settings in order to use 3.18. You can do this on the uninstall or go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair and cut and paste it to the desktop. ICUE will recreate it when you next launch, but you’ll be at square 1. iCUE 3.18.77 will work. 3.19.120 is going to cause issues for RGB RAM.

You are going to have to delete your iCUE settings in order to use 3.18. You can do this on the uninstall or go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair and cut and paste it to the desktop. ICUE will recreate it when you next launch, but you’ll be at square 1. iCUE 3.18.77 will work. 3.19.120 is going to cause issues for RGB RAM.

OMG .. I cant even say the words .. got the 3.18 working fine now in games with rgb . no problems . what were the chances that new Icue was relesead same day when I got new ram . for past 2 days I was looking all over internet to find something .

THANK YOU so much ! I was thinking ram was bad .. or my motherboard was bad .. or whatever other things … and of course its the most simple thing ,,

thank you again. I realy appreciate !!! you are a good man !!