Corsair Community

Dark Core Wireless Mouse and iCUE problems!

GasTheFanz

(UPDATE)

Problem solved.... finally got it to update firmware properly. Really bad way to update firmware. Actually one of the worst ways as iCUE still seems to be buggy in trying to update firmware, not to mention the hoops you have to jump through to get it to update properly. Otherwise, I got it updated and so far it seems to be working. Will report back if anything funny happens. Hopefully this helps my battery life as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I am also having this problem. The mouse will keep turning off the power save setting. As soon as I load into the setting page some times it grabs the setting sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, I'm sick of having to turn the power off manually every time I use the computer because I sick of the rgb lights still running when the computer is turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

(UPDATE)

Well, just when I think you guys finally got it figured out.... so I updated the firmware, was a hassle but got it done and it really helped with battery and settings not disappearing in iCUE......that is till I got a new update for iCUE and now Im right back where I started.

Mouse smoothness and function is still better and battery seems to last a tiny bit little longer. However, now iCUE (due to the new update) will not keep my power saving mode selection ticked for more than a minute or so and goes right back to turning it off. I am still able to use the brightness option to turn off the rgb but the power saving mode is there to cut power off the rgb altogether and now it doesnt really work at all....

Is there like 2 teams working on iCUE and another on Firmware? If so, they might want to communicate what it is theyre doing so someone can get it right, cause the new iCUE update pretty destroyed the new firmware update.

Maybe Corsair should just stick to making PSU and stay out of the peripheral realm? Never had this much problem out of a $25 cheap chinese mouse before. For the price I paid for this mess, I think Im owed some quality here!

Archived