Corsair Community

2 sets of Void Yellowjacket not working?

cyrus360

So I bought a Void 7.1 Yellowjacket headset. It seems fine but I swear the CUE software is horrendous and there is no real documentation for this gear.

I leave the headset charging on a USB3 port. The light on the mic shows a slow flashing orange color. I assumed this means it's charging. Of course I am guessing this because there doesn't appear to be anything or anywhere in the manual detailing this.

The next morning, the light is a solid green. I figure it's good to go and start using it. It lasts about 2 hours before giving me the signal it's battery is almost dead.

I try again to charge it, this time using a different USB port. I leave it on all day, the LED 2 light on the mic is green and this time it lasts an hour.

So I put in a ticket and they send me a new headset.

The new headset will only slowly flash amber as it charges. I let it charge 24 hours and it never turned green. I decide to try it out and it lasts about 20 minutes. The LED2 flashes green which I cannot find anything in the manual about.

Meanwhile I put the original set on to charge and the light slowly flashes amber then hits green after 15 minutes.

What am I missing here? Are these headsets garbage or what? I am feeling like just returning it because it seems like they're junk.

When you throw the CUE software into the mix, it's a bad combo. You can't test the sounds from the software like the old software could. You can't see ther charging status. How are such basic features missing?

Am I the only one with this problem or who feels this way. I like Corsair products and they do a great job warrantying their stuff, but man, this one has got me bummed out.

I've tried it on multiple computers with different charging cables and different ports, all with the same jumbled results.

I'm having the exact same problem, mine were fine for 6 months though.

Enable the voice prompt in CUE software, tells me it's charging and the charge complete after 5 sec, then when i unplug it's 'battery low' and cue showing only 6% charge.

Trying full discharge.

In my manual on page 9.

When the VOID Headset is ON, and CHARGING with a connected USB Cable,

BOTH the InfoMIC and the earcups report the charge and battery status (but behave a Little differently) as follows:

Ear Cup Logo LED:

RED(Pulsing): Very Low Battery (0-20%)

AMBER(Pulsing): Low Battery (21-84%)

GREEN(Pulsing): Norminal Battery (85-99%)

GREEN(SOLID): Fully Charged (100%)

InfoMIC display:

AMBER(PULSE): Battery has reached 20%

GREEN(PULSE): Battery has reached 85%

In manual page 8:

CHARGING WHILE POWER IS OFF:

When the VOID Headset is OFF, and charging with a connected USB Cable,

ONLY the InfoMIC reports the charge and battery status:

InfoMIC Displays:

RED(Pulsing): Very Low Battery (0-20%)

AMBER(Pulsing): Low Battery (21-84%)

GREEN(Pulsing): Nominal Battery (85-99%)

GREEN(Solid): Fully Charged (100%)

I got a refurb so it didn't come with a manual. The website for the product has no link to a manual either. The "technical guide" they have available for download only has

LED behavior:

LED 1 – Mic Status

 LED off: Mic unmuted

 Red: Mic muted

LED 2 - Battery Level

 Amber pulse: >20% battery

 Red pulse: >10% battery

Nothing at all about it being solid green and fully charged.

How long should it take to charge this thing? I got it charging from 1am to 9pm the same day, so that's 20 hours and it went from 40% to 85%. That seems abnormal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived