The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2015, 10:39 AM
Jaystation's PC Specs

POST ID # = 817319
Jaystation Reputation: 10
Default I think I may have a malfuctioning K70 RGB Keyboard

I currently have a Corsair k70 RGB Keyboard purchased last December 2014. As of yesterday there seems to be a problem with some of the lighting.
All keys do illuminate but the F5, T, G, V Right shift, Num lock and Num 6 all light up green when all keys are set to light up Red. This happens with the CUE software installed and uninstalled. i have reset the keyboard and software and searched the forums for advice but nothing has worked. I am assuming something has gone wrong internally. I am wondering if this may be a case for RMA.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:31 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 817369
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Before you RMA it force a firmware update for it. You can do that under Device -> Settings.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 11-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Jaystation's PC Specs

POST ID # = 817962

I did forget to mention that I had also forced a firmware downgrade and upgrade. this did not fix the problem :(

I have also RMA'd the keyboard now as it was approved by Corsair.
It's a shame you have to pay the postage for a faulty item though. It's not to good paying £11.00 to return an item that has stopped working as intended after paying so much for it.

Thankyou for the help though.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Conon22's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818522
Conon22 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystation View Post
I currently have a Corsair k70 RGB Keyboard purchased last December 2014. As of yesterday there seems to be a problem with some of the lighting.
All keys do illuminate but the F5, T, G, V Right shift, Num lock and Num 6 all light up green when all keys are set to light up Red. This happens with the CUE software installed and uninstalled. i have reset the keyboard and software and searched the forums for advice but nothing has worked. I am assuming something has gone wrong internally. I am wondering if this may be a case for RMA.
I've recently got a similar issue, near enough the same keys as well. they are fine on solid blue and green, but on red they are slight orange and flickering> and my enter button can't show blue or green. I really think since a recent update whether its firmware of cue something has happened.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818588
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conon22 View Post
I've recently got a similar issue, near enough the same keys as well. they are fine on solid blue and green, but on red they are slight orange and flickering> and my enter button can't show blue or green. I really think since a recent update whether its firmware of cue something has happened.
Before you RMA the unit, call in and have tech support guide you through a hard reset. In most cases, it will fix the issue.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Jaystation's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
Before you RMA the unit, call in and have tech support guide you through a hard reset. In most cases, it will fix the issue.
I thought i had done a hard reset tbh. if it's the little pin switch at the back of the keyboard.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818896
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystation View Post
I thought i had done a hard reset tbh. if it's the little pin switch at the back of the keyboard.
No, that's a soft reset. It simply restarts the keyboard, just like unplugging and plugging it back in.

A hard-reset usually requires flashing back manually the firmware on it. Something that only support can guide on how to do it.