The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 08:21 PM
Jtetenes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896557
Jtetenes Reputation: 10
Default Commander Mini - Dead Fan

I had a CM for a month or two now and I noticed one fan was not working it happens to be the 6th slot no fan works in that slot, also I noticed the LED controller does not work as well. Any ideas?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Disabled Veteran
Bob Pilette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896668
Bob Pilette Reputation: 10

Are you using Corsair Link 4 or SIV software? I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once but SIV has a bit of a steep learning curve.

Are you using all 6 connectors? I had my 2nd port quit sensing fan speed which causes a dead fan on my first CLCC (commander mini, go figure). I was only using 4 fan sets so I was able to spare out to other connectors until I got a replacement. I went through 2 replacements until I figured out My AX1500i was crashing the replacement CLCCs.

It has been recommended on here that the CLCC be connected by itself to a SATA power cable. Also, connect its USB header by itself on a USB hub or make sure there are no slow USB devices on other ports on the same hub

I am not sure about the LED connector since it only supplies single color I use N*** H**+ instead (CLCC LED control is more like an LED strip with an attached remote). Corsair has a similar setup in their latest lighting node pro.

You will probably end up submitting a ticket to Corsair from what I am seeing. Have a digital uploadable form of your invoice or receipt handy to attach to the ticket.

Bob

Old 03-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896768
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs up You can use CL4 + SIV at tehe same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pilette View Post
I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once
This is incorrect and/or misleading .
  1. You can sensibly use both CL4 + SIV at the same time provided -AIOCTL is not specified.
  2. Using both at the same time when diagnosing an issue is suboptimal.
  3. If you are silly and use CL4 + SIV -AIOCTL at the same time this will sort of work, but as both will probably tell the fans to run at different speeds this is far from being sensible.
  4. By default SIV will not control CL hardware.
  5. With CL4 it's impossible to tell it not to control CL hardware .

Old 03-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Disabled Veteran
Bob Pilette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896803
Bob Pilette Reputation: 10

Thanks for clarifying Red, I was just trying to keep it simple.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 896810
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow once started urban myths are treated as fact

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying Red, I was just trying to keep it simple.
The trouble is once started urban myths are treated as fact

Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Jtetenes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 897196
Jtetenes Reputation: 10

Quote:
Are you using Corsair Link 4 or SIV software? I would recommend using the SIV software for troubleshooting but don't use both at once but SIV has a bit of a steep learning curve.

Are you using all 6 connectors? I had my 2nd port quit sensing fan speed which causes a dead fan on my first CLCC (commander mini, go figure). I was only using 4 fan sets so I was able to spare out to other connectors until I got a replacement. I went through 2 replacements until I figured out My AX1500i was crashing the replacement CLCCs.

It has been recommended on here that the CLCC be connected by itself to a SATA power cable. Also, connect its USB header by itself on a USB hub or make sure there are no slow USB devices on other ports on the same hub

I am not sure about the LED connector since it only supplies single color I use N*** H**+ instead (CLCC LED control is more like an LED strip with an attached remote). Corsair has a similar setup in their latest lighting node pro.

You will probably end up submitting a ticket to Corsair from what I am seeing. Have a digital uploadable form of your invoice or receipt handy to attach to the ticket.

Bob
Thanks for the response,
I am using all 6 connections, and Link 4 to monitor everything. I am going to submit a ticket for a RMA its only one month old.