Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 AM
kesda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 380456
kesda Reputation: 10
Default Ga ep45-ds3 & 1twin2x4096-8500c5df g

Hi,
I have got a few questions and hope you can help me.

I have just built a PC with a Q6600 G0 SLACR CPU, GA EP45-DS3 & TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G Seagate 500GB HD, Palit 8800GT GPU. All drivers have been updated to the latest versions.

System works fine as is.
1. The CORSAIR memory configurator reports that the GA EP45-DS3 & 1TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF are compatible I am just wondering what the "G" after the C5DF means? and if it is also compatible also?

2. Both CPU-Z 1.49 and ET6 reports the Max Bandwidth as PC2-6400 (400MHz) - see attachment. Is this a constraint of the motherboard or do I have to do some tweaking to get it run at 8500? The voltage has been set to 2.1V as per memory spec, timings to 5-5-5-15 and the PCIe bus to 100.

3, When I go to the BIOS or from ET6->CIA2 and set the level to any level other than disable, e.g. Cruise, the PC freezes. My understanding is that Cruise is a very low overclock. I have been in touch with the Gigabyte support team and they have asked me to contact CORSAIR to confirm the compatibility.
Other tests they have asked me to try include[LIST]
- changing the SPD to 4.00C - still freezes
- disabling the E1ST, C1E - still freezes
- testing the RAM modules one at a time, swapping them around, putting them in different slots. - still freezes
- ovberclocking via the BIOS, manually and thru CIA2 -same results, still freezes or a failure to boot properly.

In the last post, Gigabyte support have asked me to flash the BIOS with the BIOS R10 of another motherboard, the GA EP45-DS3R. i guess there should not really be a problem with that as both MB are architecturally the same but thought I check out the RAM compatibilty issue/settings with you first.

I have read that the GA EP45-DS3 MB is not a very good overclocker but even at low overclocking, it freezes. Wondering if it has anything to do with RAM compatibility or settings?

I have also ran MEMTEST86 on the RAM chips and they tested out ok.

Any suggestions, feedback would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help

Kheong
Attached Images
File Type: png CPU-Z Memory.png (34.0 KB, 560 views)

Last edited by kesda; 12-15-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update with more info

Tags
1twin2x4096-8500c5df g, freeze, ga ep45-ds3