The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2016, 11:26 AM

POST ID # = 867325
vSyNd Reputation: 10
Exclamation Where's the K70 with MX Silent Switches!?

Hey everyone,

The Strafe came out with Silent Switches, and that's nice, but I want all of the media controls and board design of the K70 with those switches!

The K70 is such a great keyboard, I don't see why they haven't made a K70 with the Silent Switches!

I can't be the only person that wants this. Make it happen Corsair!

Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 867506
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

We have been getting quite a few inquiries here and there, but I don't have any information about it.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:52 PM

POST ID # = 867733
vSyNd Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
We have been getting quite a few inquiries here and there, but I don't have any information about it.
Thanks for the response,

Yes, I hope you guys takes those inquiries and runs with it!

I personally don't know how well the Strafe w/ MX Silents sold, but if for some reason the sales were bad, I'd say it's probably more of the Keyboard Design than the switches.

The K65, K70, and K95 are such well put together keyboards, it's kinda hard to make something new, that is also better.

The Strafe is just missing a few key features the K series offers.

When those switches were announced I was really excited, but then they ended up not being on the right board. I've waited ever since their release for them to come to the K Series, but they haven't.

So I am here now to be heard, and hope my voice brings the Silent Switches to the K Series Keyboards.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:49 PM
dewbak75's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870298
dewbak75 Reputation: 10

Add me to the list of those who would snatch up a K70 w/ MX Silent switches in a heartbeat. I love the reduced noise, but much prefer the K70 chassis to the Strafe. Especially now with the LUX models that include USB passthrough. It always seemed odd to me that Corsair never included the Silent option with the K70 line, I've got to think it would be a hit.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 PM
RGB Biker
Wulfster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870383
Wulfster Reputation: 24
Thumbs up

I've got the strafe with silent mx switches and its hands down my new favourite switch. If there were a K70 lux or K95 lux with these switches I'd snap one up for sure.

Any of these boards would be great with those aftermarket keycaps your going to release soon.

Best

Wulf

Old 10-03-2016, 02:06 PM

POST ID # = 874073
Magnetar Reputation: 10

I, too would like to chime in that I would love a K70 with the MX Silient switches.

I've been debating between the Strafe RGB Silent & the K70 RGB for a while now since I like the layout of the K70 better but really want those Silent switches, I've also decided to wait for them to come out with the K70 RGB Silent...

C'mon Corsair & take my money! :)

Old 10-03-2016, 11:10 PM

POST ID # = 874136
noir Reputation: 20

I just bought the strafe rgb w/ the silent switches and they are great, take a few days to get used to since they are soft - but still great, I am going to get the o-rings too to see if I can make it completely silent.

One mistake I saw is on amazon if you type in corsair keyboard the strafe mx silent keyboard doesn't even show up, you have to type in strafe keyboard so this could be an issue with their sales on this particular model, but then I heard it was supposed to be a Best Buy exclusive model so who knows, seems odd they would invent a new switch type and limit it to one market :X

anyways it's a nice keyboard, even without the media keys (pressing FN + F key isn't too inconvenient or using the cue software to remap them)

Old 10-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874228

Good to see that more than a handful of people are interested. I came back from TwitchCon recently and to my surprise, many streamers actually loved it! They mentioned that with this keyboard, they are actually able to type without recording the key clicks.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:22 AM

POST ID # = 874574
Sp4rkR4t Reputation: 10

Adding my voice to the chorus of people who would love the silent switches on the right keyboard. I love my old K70 and want to replace it with a new LUX one but I also really want those silent switches.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:48 AM
-jeff

POST ID # = 875823
JeffreyT Reputation: 10

I was curious about this too, and I ended up with the Strafe RGB Silent as of last week. I work in an office where clicky key noise would really annoy some people lol! This is my first mechanical keyboard, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it, and the Cherry MX Silent keys are perfect for me! Love the way that they feel too.

I will also add that the white, reflective keyboard underlay on the Strafe RGB was also a really cool, secondary big deal for me. Again, working in a daytime office, although I dim my office lights a bit, the brighter the better, and I love the way that the white underlay adds that nice and bright diffused glow! :)

I'm now a Corsair fan for life, and sharing the love with my friends and coworkers! :D

Thanks!
-jeff

Old 10-19-2016, 01:57 PM
ChrisPowers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876144
ChrisPowers Reputation: 10

You can add my name to the list. I would snatch up a K70 with Silent switches in a heartbeat.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876148

Hey Jeff,

Glad that the STRAFE MX Silent fits your need! People in the office will love you for not using a clicky switch

Sometimes in the office here, it feels like people are just mashing buttons to be heard. Pretty much every other cubicle has a mechanical keyboard and it can drive people crazy

Old 10-21-2016, 01:56 PM

POST ID # = 876361
gamer-king Reputation: 10

I would immediately buy a K70 Lux with MX Silent switches, to replace my K70 with MX Brown switches.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Hakker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876531
Hakker Reputation: 10

I really like the Strafes glass plate and silent switches but the lack of a dedicated media buttons is just too much of a let down to buy it for that the keyboard is just too expensive for it not to have. So yeah a K70 with that would be an instant buy for me.

Last edited by Hakker; 10-23-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:27 AM

POST ID # = 876608
sixorbs Reputation: 10

I made an account here just to say that I would buy a K70 if the silent switches were added to it. I had the K70 with brown switches and I loved it, though the keys were just too loud.

If the silents switches were an option for the K70, that would make it a perfect keyboard.

Hell, I would even buy two of them. Pretty please Corsair?