The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > Bulldog and Lapdog

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 782374
Corsair Chris Reputation: 10
Default Lapdog First Impressions

Since we just announced the Lapdog at Computex, we're trying to gather impressions and feedback.

So far we've been getting good reception on the Lapdog, since many liked the idea for living room PC gaming. We're also getting lots of great constructive feedback as well, such as lack of left-handed mouse support and lack of a wireless solution.

Please tell us about your early impressions, such as what you like and what you would like us to improve.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 782492
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Have it Fit K70 and K95s
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 782630

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Have it Fit K70 and K95s
As mentioned in Dustin's FAQ... we're currently looking into that.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:47 AM

POST ID # = 784879
Aze007 Reputation: 10

Okay, constructive feedback.

My english aint perfect but you will understand.

I am playing on couch for quite long time. Now I am having 65" 4K TV + my own made lapdog.

Pictures, (3 months old, now my setup slightly change, will make new pictures soon)
TV: http://imgur.com/3pm6sWc
TV+lapdog: http://i.imgur.com/3qmFtX1.jpg

I bought something like that: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyondfashio...ds=laptop+desk

By double sticky tape I put keyboard and mouse pad.

My ideas after a long time using it:

-you have to remember that when u sit on the couch and u put lapdog on your legs it wont lay flat, it will be bit curved,
-mouse wire has to be thin otherwise thick lead (g700 kind) will be not comfortable to use (you feel like ur mouse fight with you, push u towards way u dont want)
-mouse has to be on some kind of bungee, otherwise when u dont touch u mouse and u write something on the keyboard mouse start to sliping off the board. (seen same problem on your videos from computex),
-ur mouse pad is bit too small,
-it has to be keyboard without NUMPAD otherwise it will be too big,
-there has to be WIRELESS option, I hate when I sit with my "lapdog" then I unfortunately by my legs unplug wire,
-you have to put there some 10,20k mah battery power bank. You can connect to that battery bank your keyboard and mouse. That battery bank has to be big enough for at least 20h use,
-when you use ur WIRELESS lapdog during the day u take power for mouse and keyboard from battery bank. then for night u plug it and charge it up.
-best if the battery bank will be replaceable,
-bottom cushions of the lapdog have to be soft and good made to do not wear off,
-make it slim kind of roccat sova, after gaming I like to put my "lapdog" under the sofa or coffe table. That has to be slim to keep living room nice with this lapdog under the sofa,
-mouse pad best to move bit right and bit left to adjust it,
-works wireless as I said before, bluetooth stick into computer that communicate to lapdog, power cord only.
-best to have some USBHUB,

edit.

best to have some legs that would come out of the lapdog. They will go towards cushion that u sit on. Then u can keep lapdog slighlty above ur legs and when u mooving that mouse wont be sliping off the board (that is some idea)
This is it so far

Last edited by Aze007; 06-15-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 786113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aze007 View Post
-you have to remember that when u sit on the couch and u put lapdog on your legs it wont lay flat, it will be bit curved,
The way we have the cushion now, it is curved in a way that it comfortably sits on your lap.
Quote:
-mouse has to be on some kind of bungee, otherwise when u dont touch u mouse and u write something on the keyboard mouse start to sliping off the board. (seen same problem on your videos from computex),
We do have a "mouse cord guide" which is similar to bungee in the sense that it holds the cord in place so that it doesn't slip off
Quote:
-ur mouse pad is bit too small,
Yes, we agree and we will be working on increasing the mouse mat
Quote:
-there has to be WIRELESS option, I hate when I sit with my "lapdog" then I unfortunately by my legs unplug wire,
-you have to put there some 10,20k mah battery power bank. You can connect to that battery bank your keyboard and mouse. That battery bank has to be big enough for at least 20h use,
-when you use ur WIRELESS lapdog during the day u take power for mouse and keyboard from battery bank. then for night u plug it and charge it up.
-best if the battery bank will be replaceable,
This was brought up to our attention during Computex... we understand that there is a demand for a wireless solution but at the same time we are concerned that it would cause latency issues for those who are hardcore gaming. We will look into it some more.
Quote:
-bottom cushions of the lapdog have to be soft and good made to do not wear off,
It currently uses a soft foam for the cushion.
Quote:
-make it slim kind of roccat sova, after gaming I like to put my "lapdog" under the sofa or coffe table. That has to be slim to keep living room nice with this lapdog under the sofa,
Noted.
Quote:
-best to have some USBHUB,
Currently, on Lapdog there are 4 USB ports and a charging port for phones. Meaning there should be enough ports for mouse, keyboard, USB headset, another USB device and your phone.

Thank you for input.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 791710
Rooslin Reputation: 10

need support in front of the keyboard or your hand will just have to hover and that would be extremely uncomfortable

Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 791785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooslin View Post
need support in front of the keyboard or your hand will just have to hover and that would be extremely uncomfortable
Thanks for the feedback Rooslin. We hear you regarding the lack of wrist support and it'll be something that we'll be working on for the finished product.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:49 AM

POST ID # = 807194
Rusty1182 Reputation: 10

Really looking forward to being able to pre-order this

I wont be using it with the bulldog as my plan are to use it with the Steam Link system in my lounge

Old 11-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Gus
TallboyGus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819527
TallboyGus Reputation: 10

I just happened to notice that we're in Q4 of 2015 and . . . I'd like to buy this for one of my friends for Christmas. Any information in?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:21 PM

POST ID # = 820370
Hyncharas Reputation: 12

Q4 actually starts in December; I doubt we'll see a technical spec before then.

In terms of impressions, however, I'm definitely considering getting one to help with my games design work and have looked at how much a Bulldog system would cost.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 11-16-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822877
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

Hyncharas:
No
Q1 = Jan Feb Mar
Q2 = Apr May Jun
Q3 = Jul Aug Sep
Q4 = Oct Nov Dec

But I guess Lapdog and Bulldog got severly delayed due to the N980 problems, guess we wont see any Lapdog or Bulldog before Q2 2016. I suspect its the same people working on Lapdog/Bulldog, as who worked on N980, so if N980 gets more delayed, Lapdog/Bulldog will get more delayed aswell as they are in queue.

Last edited by sebastiannielse; 11-30-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:29 PM

POST ID # = 825071
Hyncharas Reputation: 12

Ok, that is weird...

That may be Q4 for the USA, but for the UK it's Dec/Jan/Feb because of our global position. This means for us Q1 2016 is March.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
Mr. Cossin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 830978
Mr. Cossin Reputation: 10

Hello gentlemen of Corsair,

My wife and I both play strictly in our living room on seperate couches/televisions. We both struggle with the discomfort of using a desk tray (hard wood) with no cushioning other than couch pillows thrown under them to elevate the board off our legs.

So we were both excited to see that our favorite manufacturer has started this product line. We desperately need these in our lives.

I would like to re-enforce the point that Aze007 made about wireless capacity as that is almost necessary for couples with children. Especially for my wife and I having 3 kids under the age of 7. It is the reason I do run wireless gaming grade peripherals. However with that being said I believe we could still manage to make this work with just the one cable needed for connection and just connect the wireless devices to the lapdog.

Also Rooslin has a great point about wrist/arm support which although isn't a deal breaker due to the fact we can easily slide a pillow under our arm/wrist area for that required support over those long periods of gaming.

All-in-all we love the design, the aesthetics, and simply having another Corsair product to help complete our seperate, sleek, clean Corsair based pc builds and show that Corsair Badge proudly. Although my wife wins over me in terms of Corsair build appeal, due to my small 250D case and hers being the bigger, more eye candy(ish) 750D.

So, TL;DR right? Apologies, I just wanted to give a little insight into our situation with living room gaming as a married couple with children.

One question I do have:
Are there tester units of the lapdog you guys can ship to people to try and then send back since we may still have a while for a final release version?

We would love to get our hands on one (or two).

*edit* I just thought of a simple solution for the corded lapdog if that may turn out to be the only option.
Use a breakaway cable. Incase they are tripped over, etc. you minimize the risk of port damage.
Please disregard this if that is already a feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151220_172536-1.jpg (491.9 KB, 1049 views)

Last edited by Mr. Cossin; 01-14-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Quokeepac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 832246
Quokeepac Reputation: 10

Hi Chris ! I love Corsair products ! I own a K70 RGB and i have to say that i couldn't choose any other keyboard !

I have a question for the Lapdog . Can you guys add a few inches to the part where you put you'r wrist ? I was thinking about it and because you are going to put that thing on you'r lap and not on a desk you would have to hold the wrist in the air for the whole time . It is something important .

Old 04-05-2016, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 845662
Philipio Reputation: 10

Would this work with a steam link?