Corsair Community

Commander Pro: Internal Memory / Using Under Linux

macklin265

I'm considering getting a Commander Pro for my upcoming build. However, I might want to dual-boot with Windows+Linux in the future. I understand that there is no official support for iCUE under Linux, but does the CoPro have internal memory to save the fan curves (and maybe LED settings?) set in iCUE in Windows? That is, if I use iCUE to tie my case fan speeds to e.g. the CPU/GPU temperature, or a reading of the included temperature probes, will these curves also be applied when booting into a platform without support for iCUE, such as Linux?

Also, and this may be an obvious question, but it's not possible to control a fan through the BIOS fan curve, when it's connected to the CoPro, right?

The CoPro (and NoPro, for that matter) have hardware lighting that runs when iCUE isn't, including at boot and in Linux. Fan curves that are based on the included temp probes will run in hardware only mode as well; fan curves based on anything else will not as they require the software.

And no, you cannot control the fans through a BIOS fan curve.

• 2 months later...
The CoPro (and NoPro, for that matter) have hardware lighting that runs when iCUE isn't, including at boot and in Linux. Fan curves that are based on the included temp probes will run in hardware only mode as well; fan curves based on anything else will not as they require the software.

And no, you cannot control the fans through a BIOS fan curve.

When you say 'included temp probes' you do mean the probes that came with the kit to be plugged in to the CoPro, right? Just want to make sure that I understand as I am having trouble with my CoPro in Linux. Even the presets are not staying stored after having set custom curves. I've tried every preset now and when I boot into Linux I am left at the lowest RPM I had in my original custom curve.

You wouldn't happen to know a way to 'clear' the internal memory would you? I've tried unistalling iCUE and Link 4 then installing Link 4 only as I've read here that it has the best chance of success (presets) running in Linux.