Corsair Community

Control H100i platinum through bios (without Icue)

Patishi

Hello everybody,

If I just want to use the cooler without Icue software, should I keep the pump main fan connector plugged into the cpu header on the motherboard (and fans connected to the pump itself)? or maybe it is better to connect it to the special "pump" fan header on the motherboard (is there any difference at all between them or is it just called "cpu_pump" for convenience?).

Right now (with iCue software running) the fans is controlled by the liquid temp sensor which I like because the fans speed doesn't change every second (the liquid temp is changing not as rapidly as the cpu temp) and I don't get fan noise changing every second up and down (and this is also the recommended method for controlling AIO fans from what I've read..please elaborate if you have another opinion on the matter).

will the pump operate at full speed if I don't use Icue? by what temp sensor will the fans be controlled if connected to the pump (and pump connected to pump_fan header on the motherboard directly).

By the way, one more question: what is the point at all by connecting the pump to the cpu header on the motherboard? If the fans are connected to the pump directly and the pump is getting power from sata? what does it need the connection to the cpu fan header at all? Is it for when windows is still not up and running so the fans could be controlled by the cpu fan header directly or something?

Thx in advance.

Edited by Patishi

The fan connector on the Platinum cooler is there to prevent a CPU Fan warning. Now, if the pump completely dies, it will give you a CPU Fan warning - so that's useful. Other than that, it has no purpose.

The liquid is the proper temp. See the AIO FAQ linked in my sig.

It'll run the default curve or the last curve that you set in iCUE (if you installed it just to configure the pump).

Thank you very much, the links you provided are very useful and well written

I just want to clarify one thing to see if I got this right: if not using Icue (with everything plugged in as recommended: fans to the pump ->pump to the cpu_fan header on the mobo) than the pump will spin at the last curve I set it to in Icue ("Balanced" in my case)?

and the fans will still be controlled by the liquid temp? (can this be done automatically by the cooler without Icue running?)

And what about the curve? will it be the last one set to Icue also?

Thx again :)

The pump speed and fan curve (based on coolant temperature) are saved to the device the moment they are set in the software. It will continue to function without. However, this is not the same as "I am unable to install the software" for some reason. You will want to set your lighting and speed preferences and from time to time adjust them. That will require the software.