The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM
ozjom672's PC Specs

POST ID # = 515561
ozjom672 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Is the System OCed?
OCed = overclock ?

overclock - yes

Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 AM

POST ID # = 515732
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjom672 View Post
OCed = overclock ?

overclock - yes
Try and up the PCH voltage to 1.1v

Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 AM
ozjom672's PC Specs

POST ID # = 516022
ozjom672 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Try and up the PCH voltage to 1.1v
set 1.1v ?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 PM

POST ID # = 516201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjom672 View Post
set 1.1v ?

the default voltage for the PCh controller is 1.05v try and use 1.10v

Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 AM
pslind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 516386
pslind Reputation: 10

Hello guys, I've been reading this thread because I also get the 0x000000F4 BSOD. But I don't use hibernation, and have it turned off. I have also turned off all power saving options. It happens while using the PC (everything from browsing to watching a movie). I will try to capture a minidump now that I have made windows save the dump on another drive.

It goes like this: I'm browsing/watching a movie, then sometimes a box pops up with an error about chrome or whatever has accessed referenced memory blah blah, then seconds later the 0x000000F4 BSOD. Interestingly it happend like this one time where chrome was just idle with 1 tab on google.com while i was using vlc player. Normally it happens when only chrome or ie is running. The SSD is missing from bios after reboot. Only power down will bring it back.

My SSD only contains Windows 7 and office/other big apps.

SSD is connected to the Intel sata 2 on my motherboard, and was installed on it.
AHCI is on in BIOS. Default msahci.sys and latest Intel chipset drivers.
Memtest+ 4.20 reported no errors on 2 passes.
Setting my dram to auto (1066MHz instead of X.M.P. 1600MHz) still BSOD's.
I have no overclock on my cpu.

Last edited by pslind; 07-31-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:12 AM

POST ID # = 516408

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslind View Post
Hello guys, I've been reading this thread because I also get the 0x000000F4 BSOD. But I don't use hibernation, and have it turned off. I have also turned off all power saving options. It happens while using the PC (everything from browsing to watching a movie). I will try to capture a minidump now that I have made windows save the dump on another drive.

It goes like this: I'm browsing/watching a movie, then sometimes a box pops up with an error about chrome or whatever has accessed referenced memory blah blah, then seconds later the 0x000000F4 BSOD. Interestingly it happend like this one time where chrome was just idle with 1 tab on google.com while i was using vlc player. Normally it happens when only chrome or ie is running. The SSD is missing from bios after reboot. Only power down will bring it back.

My SSD only contains Windows 7 and office/other big apps.

SSD is connected to the Intel sata 2 on my motherboard, and was installed on it.
AHCI is on in BIOS. Default msahci.sys and latest Intel chipset drivers.
Memtest+ 4.20 reported no errors on 2 passes.
Setting my dram to auto (1066MHz instead of X.M.P. 1600MHz) still BSOD's.
I have no overclock on my cpu.
have you tried manually adjusting the voltages to the default ones instead of auto?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Maria
MariaH79's PC Specs

POST ID # = 516420
MariaH79 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Glad it worked for you.

Also you have a very nice system 980x
Thank you

It reappeared again today, hibernation aint even on my pc been on whole night and just monitor turns itself off.
monitor itself came back on right away when i moved the mouse, but when i clicked a program in the start menu, it just started hang for 5-10sec and then blue screen.
on the restart it doesnt find any drives and get stuck while searchin,
ctrl alt del have to be done 3 times or so before all drives pop up. Remember from earlier that turning the system totaly off manualy make all drives usualy come back right away.

When Intel menu passes on the start it says one SSD got error´s, windows runs chkdsk on auto and repair a few small files.
When Windows have started and i look into Intel Rapid Storage Tech app, same SSD shows faulty until i click reset back to normal.
Then evrythin seem ok again:>

Just reinstalled evrything some days ago, only thing i can recall i done diff this time is disable superfetch and most other adjustments shown in this thread
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82516
Before i had only disk defrag and shadow copy off that i can recall atm, been tryin diff raid controllers lately but i didnt have any bsod then only latency related problems.
So alittle hard to tell what is causeing this bsod

Edit: Recalled i only had SSD´s in raid and not the WDVelociRaptors while i was "bsod" free for awhile, going to have a look at that later

Last edited by MariaH79; 07-31-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Forgot something:>

Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 PM
pslind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 516473

Quote:
have you tried manually adjusting the voltages to the default ones instead of auto?
I'll try. BTW: I removed some LG drivers that never really fully worked (64bit) for my Craptimus 2x. Haven't been able to get a 0x000000F4 since. Would like to see the minidump =/

Old 08-01-2011, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 516518

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaH79 View Post
Thank you

It reappeared again today, hibernation aint even on my pc been on whole night and just monitor turns itself off.
monitor itself came back on right away when i moved the mouse, but when i clicked a program in the start menu, it just started hang for 5-10sec and then blue screen.
on the restart it doesnt find any drives and get stuck while searchin,
ctrl alt del have to be done 3 times or so before all drives pop up. Remember from earlier that turning the system totaly off manualy make all drives usualy come back right away.

When Intel menu passes on the start it says one SSD got error´s, windows runs chkdsk on auto and repair a few small files.
When Windows have started and i look into Intel Rapid Storage Tech app, same SSD shows faulty until i click reset back to normal.
Then evrythin seem ok again:>

Just reinstalled evrything some days ago, only thing i can recall i done diff this time is disable superfetch and most other adjustments shown in this thread
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82516
Before i had only disk defrag and shadow copy off that i can recall atm, been tryin diff raid controllers lately but i didnt have any bsod then only latency related problems.
So alittle hard to tell what is causeing this bsod

Edit: Recalled i only had SSD´s in raid and not the WDVelociRaptors while i was "bsod" free for awhile, going to have a look at that later
Did you leave the computer on sleep for a period of time? eg 4-9hours?

It may be windows turning off the hard disks and the SSDS are thinking that they are shutting down.

Try and disable "Turn off hard disk after"
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
Select your plan
Change Advanced settings
Hard Disk>Turn off hard disk after>Setting: never.

What chkdsk function did you use?

Did you Secure Erase your SSD before re-installing?

If you get a BSOD can you provide the MiniDump?

Make sure it is set on Small Memory Dump (XXXKB).

Quote:
I'll try. BTW: I removed some LG drivers that never really fully worked (64bit) for my Craptimus 2x. Haven't been able to get a 0x000000F4 since. Would like to see the minidump =/
you don't need drivers for Optical Drives (Windows automatically installs them) . if you don't have anymore BSODS then you do not have to provide the minidumps.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:55 AM
pslind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 516523

Quote:
you don't need drivers for Optical Drives (Windows automatically installs them) . if you don't have anymore BSODS then you do not have to provide the minidumps.
It's not an ODD, it was drivers for my android phone that never fully worked.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 AM

POST ID # = 516886

Quote:
It's not an ODD, it was drivers for my android phone that never fully worked.
That may have been the problem as faulty drivers causes problems.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 AM
pslind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 517118

Quote:
That may have been the problem as faulty drivers causes problems.
Yeah, it hasn't happend since - even with me trying to provoke it. Eventlog also had warnings/errors on the lg drivers.

Edit: I installed the LG drivers for my LG Optimus 2X Android phone, in Windows 7 x64. The LG drivers not being signed caused the problem somehow.

Last edited by pslind; 08-04-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Stroodle88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 517419
Stroodle88 Reputation: 10

Adding my own two cents to this discussion - I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so posting. I have the symptom where whenever I leave my Windows 7 x64 machine running overnight, without fail, I get a BSOD in the morning. Now, in Windows, I've set the flag such that I don't instantly reboot whenever Windows detects an issue, so I get the BSOD, but when I did not check that box, I would wake up to a screen which seemed to indicate that the hard drive rebooted, and BIOS was unable to find the drive in question until I turned off my computer, and did a cold boot with the power switch. Oh yeah, to be clear, I boot off of the Corsair 240GB Force 3 drive.

I have the Asus Maximus III Formula motherboard and read in a post that this might be the issue:
If multiple SATA drives are attached to a single power cable with multiple SATA power connectors, if a non-Corsair drive was powered on and subsequently "went to sleep", this would free up voltage on the line, potentially causing the Corsair SSD to reboot as a result of a power surge. This might be consistent with what I've seen in the BSOD (INPAGE file error).

I'm now running the Corsair 240GB Force 3 off of a SATA power cable by itself with no other drives on it. I'll repost in the event that I don't see any more crashes under this situation. No other changes have been made to the BIOS.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:59 AM

POST ID # = 517431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroodle88 View Post
Adding my own two cents to this discussion - I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so posting. I have the symptom where whenever I leave my Windows 7 x64 machine running overnight, without fail, I get a BSOD in the morning. Now, in Windows, I've set the flag such that I don't instantly reboot whenever Windows detects an issue, so I get the BSOD, but when I did not check that box, I would wake up to a screen which seemed to indicate that the hard drive rebooted, and BIOS was unable to find the drive in question until I turned off my computer, and did a cold boot with the power switch. Oh yeah, to be clear, I boot off of the Corsair 240GB Force 3 drive.

I have the Asus Maximus III Formula motherboard and read in a post that this might be the issue:
If multiple SATA drives are attached to a single power cable with multiple SATA power connectors, if a non-Corsair drive was powered on and subsequently "went to sleep", this would free up voltage on the line, potentially causing the Corsair SSD to reboot as a result of a power surge. This might be consistent with what I've seen in the BSOD (INPAGE file error).

I'm now running the Corsair 240GB Force 3 off of a SATA power cable by itself with no other drives on it. I'll repost in the event that I don't see any more crashes under this situation. No other changes have been made to the BIOS.
Did you leave the computer on sleep for a period of time? eg 4-9hours?

It may be windows turning off the hard disks and the SSDS are thinking that they are shutting down.

Try and disable "Turn off hard disk after"
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
Select your plan
Change Advanced settings
Hard Disk>Turn off hard disk after>Setting: never.

please provide a Minidump file archived in a .zip

Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 AM

POST ID # = 517661
whenamanlies Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroodle88 View Post
That's the first sane idea in the whole thread.