The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 05:54 PM

POST ID # = 782420
alvinlok219 Reputation: 10
Default The Corsair new logo

Hey I heard u guys got a new designed traditional logo, I wonder if it will replace the current Corsair gaming logo, if so when will the new K70 RGB be in stock? because this hold me back from buying it.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:01 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782423
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

The actual use of a product is less important than a logo design?

Old 06-02-2015, 06:42 PM

POST ID # = 782435
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11

Based on this:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/20...new-sails-logo

It seems like they're unifying everything back under the sails logo they should have used in the first place. A decision they should have made back in September of last year instead of that absolutely ugly back-tattoo logo that still haunts my memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
The actual use of a product is less important than a logo design?
When the logo is terrible, very obviously alienating, and is something that I would literally be embarassed to let people see in my house? You betcha. The "Corsair Gaming" logo was all those things. I would up reselling my K70 when I finally got it and picked up a competing product instead simply because it was embarrassing to have clients see something that belonged in front of a burned out teenager chugging mountain dew and yelling offensive nonsense over teamspeak. This one is a lot better. It manages to leave a sleeker impression than the old logo, without being as obviously stupid and narrow-minded as the "gaming" logo.

They finally made the right call. It took too long, and the way they treated the people who this shows were obviously right was enough to make me seriously question their business sense, and make me not trust their commitment to good business (and by extension good products), but my interest is piqued now, and I'll be watching closely to see if I feel it's worth getting back on board with the products that I used to trust.

Last edited by Revengencer Alf; 06-02-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: edited for a second response

Old 06-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Paul S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782444
Paul S Reputation: 10

much better! this and the original logo, cant be doing with that corsair gaming tramp stamp

Old 06-02-2015, 07:01 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 782446
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengencer Alf View Post
Based on this:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/20...new-sails-logo

It seems like they're unifying everything back under the sails logo they should have used in the first place. A decision they should have made back in September of last year instead of that absolutely ugly back-tattoo logo that still haunts my memory.

When the logo is terrible, very obviously alienating, and is something that I would literally be embarassed to let people see in my house? You betcha. The "Corsair Gaming" logo was all those things. I would up reselling my K70 when I finally got it and picked up a competing product instead simply because it was embarrassing to have clients see something that belonged in front of a burned out teenager chugging mountain dew and yelling offensive nonsense over teamspeak. This one is a lot better. It manages to leave a sleeker impression than the old logo, without being as obviously stupid and narrow-minded as the "gaming" logo.

They finally made the right call. It took too long, and the way they treated the people who this shows were obviously right was enough to make me seriously question their business sense, and make me not trust their commitment to good business (and by extension good products), but my interest is piqued now, and I'll be watching closely to see if I feel it's worth getting back on board with the products that I used to trust.
I think the real issue is your stereotyping of gamers or supporters of the logo as "burned out teenagers chugging mountain dew and yelling into teamspeak."

While I didn't mind the original Corsair Gaming logo, I know there was a strong reaction from the online community. However, given that the number of products that were rebranded with the logo had no drop off in sales, it was safe to say that a good product with a controversial logo is much more important than a controversial product with a good logo.

I also dislike mountain dew.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Paul S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782450

sorry for calling the gaming logo a tramp stamp, but whenever i think of corsair i think of sails lol

Old 06-02-2015, 07:14 PM

POST ID # = 782453
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
However, given that the number of products that were rebranded with the logo had no drop off in sales, it was safe to say that a good product with a controversial logo is much more important than a controversial product with a good logo.
What about a controversial product with a controversial logo ?

That would be a bad combination.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 782457
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
What about a controversial product with a controversial logo ?

That would be a bad combination.
Indeed!

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 PM

POST ID # = 782477
Newflare Reputation: 10

Hi James,

First off - great new sails logo. I'm a web dev and designer and have helped brand companies. You guys managed to streamline and refine the company image without destroying recognition, which is important. So I'd say the new sails logo hits the mark. My compliments to the designer.

It also looks like you're doing away with the tattoo-looking gaming log? In my view, that logo cheapened a brand which does not position itself in the market that way. It's like Porsche rolling out a cheap car to compete with Scion. It doesn't make any sense and it hurts a premium image. The gamer stereotype may not be accurate, but it exists, and I don't associate with it or buy products or build machines for our office with that aesthetic. We still need a professional image to our clients and it seems like our only choices are to buy bland machines, or to buy overly-flashy "gaming" machines with more lights than a rave. Corsair always managed to sit in between, so we could have machines with a bit of "wow" to them, which is good for a creative environment, while still looking professional. That's why I've always liked Corsair. But because of the gaming logo, we didn't purchase any of the new peripherals.

The reason I'm here is to ask if that's changed. Are you guys going to roll out any of your RGB keyboards with the new Corsair sails? If so, then I'd like to buy and like to know how. If not, we'll forgo it as we did before. It's not a big deal either way. But I wanted to check to see if things have changed. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Paul S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782480

yea and this makes the keyboards with the original sails logo like mine more valuable corsair uk wont send me a replacement k70rgb with the gaming logo though will they?

im due a replacement this week

Old 06-02-2015, 09:36 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782481
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Id rather have a Porsche with ford emblem on it rather than a ford with a Porsche emblem on it,,, assuming of course if that were the only choices...
I also see users wanting the best of both worlds as I do also...

Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 PM

POST ID # = 782484
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I think the real issue is your stereotyping of gamers or supporters of the logo as "burned out teenagers chugging mountain dew and yelling into teamspeak."

While I didn't mind the original Corsair Gaming logo, I know there was a strong reaction from the online community. However, given that the number of products that were rebranded with the logo had no drop off in sales, it was safe to say that a good product with a controversial logo is much more important than a controversial product with a good logo.

I also dislike mountain dew.
I'm not actually stereotyping gamers as that. I'm stereotyping the people that logo was aimed at as that I am a gamer, and I'm certainly not that. I just also have the awareness to know that the common perception of it is as such. Correct or incorrect, it's a perception I really don't want to be associated with and I think the original reaction made it clear I wasn't alone in that.

As for the drop in sales or lack thereof, I could go on and on about external factors, sample size, etc, but I'll just point out that you are changing it less than a year later, which clearly means you thought it wasn't working given how adamant you guys were that it wasn't going away when that backlash was happening.

The gaming logo was a mistake, but today it has been rectified, so all is good, or at least shall be soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Id rather have a Porsche with ford emblem on it rather than a ford with a Porsche emblem on it,,, assuming of course if that were the only choices...
I also see users wanting the best of both worlds as I do also...
Well the Porsche would probably burst into flames regardless of the logo on it anyway =P

But seriously, if Porsche, or BMW, or Audi say suddenly started marketing their cars with flame decals and labeling them as "street racer edition" or something like that, I'd genuinely question their judgment enough to shy away from the brand.

I dunno, every time I think about this whole circle of events it reminds me of New Coke (even more now that the circle is complete)

Last edited by Revengencer Alf; 06-02-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Lets Eat Paint's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782490
Lets Eat Paint Reputation: 10

I just want to be able to replace the old gaming logo with the new one, because I don't like it, or is this too much to ask

Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 AM

POST ID # = 782512
Brody Proof Reputation: 10

Has anyone tried removing the tramp stamp logo? I would be fine with no logo at all if I can cleanly remove the badge from my keyboard.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:52 AM

POST ID # = 782536
hate_the_logo Reputation: 10

I need to change my username! :D

I'll make good on my promise not to buy any Corsair products until the logo is changed so, how do I get a K70 RGB with this new logo?