Corsair Community

CM64SD256-2400C2 / CMX256A-2700C2 compatibility

Cyrex

Hello, I've recently bought a CMX256A-2700C2 module in addition to the CM64SD256-2400C2 module. When running with both modules built-in the system randomly crashes, sometimes even when booting. The strange thing is that both modules run stable individually. I'm using an Asus A7V266-E motherboard. Can somebody tell me what could be the cause of this? Thanks, Cyrex

Thanks for your reply. My motherboard is already set to the CAS settings you suggested. About the 2.7volts adjustement... it's currently at 2.65 volts and the next level higher is 2.75 volts.. is this a problem? Thanks, Cyrex

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. But... I discovered that I made a rather foolish mistake of giving up one incorrect type.. this problems concerns the combination of: CM64SD256-2400C2 / CMX512A-2700C2 modules. So this probably raises a whole other problem.. When ordering the second module (CMX512A-2700C2), I explicitly named the module with which it had to function and if there were any problems to expected, to first notify me.. since I didn't hear anything and the order came in, I expected that everything would work out.. sadly, this is not the case. What can I do? Thanks again, Cyrex

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, Lets try replacing the modules. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

Archived