Corsair Community

2 issues: DDC Pump RPMs and Fan Lights not synced

Sedare

Hi,

Issue 1:

I have a PWM EKWB DDC pump that has a molex and PWM connector. I've put the PWM into my Commander pro. iCue detects it but the RPMs of the pump only stay at around 1200. I cannot get them to go higher or lower regardless of temps. The fans, all 9 of them 8 of which are on y-splitters, work and adjust just fine. Is the pump RPM issue something that is known? Will it be addressed with a commander pro firmware/icue update? Should I just plug the pump directly into the CPU header of the mobo (ASUS Crosshair VII Hero)?

Issue 2:

I have 9 HD120 fans. 6 are plugged into one rgb box and 3 into another and the order of the fans are set correctly. Those boxes are then plugged into the two led channels of the Commander pro. I cannot get the 6 to sync up with the 3 for "in order lighting" such as marquee or visor or whatever. The 6 work fine as they are on one box and the 3 on their box, but the 6 do not play with the 3. Do I need to set them up differently in iCue or am I doing something wrong there or is it the hardware connection? I'm just not sure.

Thanks for any help.

For the lighting issue, I think I figured it out and it's that I'm an idiot and didn't see the lighting link side of things and was applying affects to each of the two channels separately. :D So only when choosing the lighting link options, do all 9 fans sync up. :)

I guess just my pump rpm issue remains.

It takes some time to figure out the new software. One of the more unexpected aspects is you select the fan curve from the left side, then click the fans/pump you want it to apply to on the right. This is the opposite of the more tradition click fan, change speed.

You will definitely want to hit the little "+" to make new "cooling modes" (they can be renamed). The fixed rpm and fixed % controls are hidden in there as well. Not many reasons to use the three presets.

Hi,

Issue 1:

I have a PWM EKWB DDC pump that has a molex and PWM connector. I've put the PWM into my Commander pro. iCue detects it but the RPMs of the pump only stay at around 1200. I cannot get them to go higher or lower regardless of temps. The fans, all 9 of them 8 of which are on y-splitters, work and adjust just fine. Is the pump RPM issue something that is known? Will it be addressed with a commander pro firmware/icue update? Should I just plug the pump directly into the CPU header of the mobo (ASUS Crosshair VII Hero)?

Issue 2:

I have 9 HD120 fans. 6 are plugged into one rgb box and 3 into another and the order of the fans are set correctly. Those boxes are then plugged into the two led channels of the Commander pro. I cannot get the 6 to sync up with the 3 for "in order lighting" such as marquee or visor or whatever. The 6 work fine as they are on one box and the 3 on their box, but the 6 do not play with the 3. Do I need to set them up differently in iCue or am I doing something wrong there or is it the hardware connection? I'm just not sure.

Thanks for any help.

I just have my D5 Vario connected to a motherboard header and have my 6xHD-120s attached to my CoPro. For pumps you typically run it at a constant speed, the fans on the other hand are much louder and it is nicer to to control them from one device. 1200 RPM seems a bit slow, that seems like about a 3/4rd of the max flow rate. They usually recommend about ~1GPM for a flow rate, granted calculating that isn't always easy.

Yes you want the different RGB hubs on different LED channels, then you set the devices and count in iCue's Lighting Setup within your CoPro.

Archived