Corsair Community

h115i pro does not work well

Pegagep

Hello to all

my h115i pro has not worked well for a few days.

I put it in "silent" mode but it puts itself in "balanced" mode by itself

why?

he went crazy

version link 4.5.9.25

win10pro

pumpcrazy.jpg

Edited by Pegagep

Someone else reported this at launch, but we were unable to replicate it. My general advice is not to use the quiet mode anyway. It has a noticeable affect on CPU temps. You could use it at idle and then manually switch it to Balanced before load, but that becomes a bit tedious. You should not be able to hear the 2000 rpm balanced mode unless you stick your head in the case or are at very close proximity on your desk. Any bit of natural fan sound should cover over it at 2000.

Someone else reported this at launch, but we were unable to replicate it. My general advice is not to use the quiet mode anyway. It has a noticeable affect on CPU temps. You could use it at idle and then manually switch it to Balanced before load, but that becomes a bit tedious. You should not be able to hear the 2000 rpm balanced mode unless you stick your head in the case or are at very close proximity on your desk. Any bit of natural fan sound should cover over it at 2000.

Hi, I have this article for 1 month and I have this defect for 4 or 5 days ... :(

the temperatures are identical with all 2 modes.

the problem is that with "balanced" I hear the noise of the pump and it bothers me!

I have a 1 meter meter, but I can feel it even when I'm in bed 3 meters away!

so is it a software problem?

Since the pump is not designed to be dynamically adjustable and is supposed to stay locked at the 1100, 2000, or 3000 rpm, it would stand to reason this is a software or firmware glitch and is correctable. To rule out a hardware problem, my advice is to set it on Balanced and leave it for a few days to make sure it does not jump around when at that speed. If it does, then that may suggest a hardware issue and a different solution. Bump your idle fan speeds up just a little to cover over the pump noise. I don't like the whine of a pump either, but most people are less bothered by the sound of rushing air from a fan.

I try to do this test

thank you

I'll let you know

why is my software version not on the site?

I maybe wrong forum section?

corsair link sent me here and I have not looked at other sections

sorry

Edited by Pegagep

If you mean Link version 4.5.9.25, it's because they did some website reformatting over the weekend and are still putting things back together again. The current CUE version is also missing and you'll notice the sort list for Link is out of order as well. The software version was not recalled, although we should be do for a new one soon.

This kind of pump behavior we are talking about would more likely be a firmware issue rather than Link and the first reporting predates the current Link version.

I am going to recommend you contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system to report the problem and see what they say. So far only 2 people have reported and I confirmed with the other the issue is persistent. We have been unable to replicate it and that does suggest the problem is much more likely to be hardware based and unique to your unit instead of some kind of firmware/software glitch that should affect a much larger number of users.

today I still have the problem :(

I have already contacted the support but give me the usual answers

(reinstall etc etc) solutions that I have already tried

I have also format c: but the problem remains

i ° are low so it is not a problem of high grades

can it be a hardware problem?

Edited by Pegagep

It is my opinion it is a hardware problem. If we only have 2 confirmed cases out of all the Pro coolers, then it seems extremely unlikely to be a software/firmware issue. That would affect a larger group of people. I would think Corsair would want to get their hands on your unit to figure out why it is behaving this way.

So this is the new H115i Pro? Make sure you are not using the newly released Link 4.9.6. There seems to be a specific issue with the Pro coolers. You can change settings in Link, but nothing will happen on the pump end. That applies to LED color, pump speed, and fans.

When you uninstall it should give you an option to keep your profiles. Most secure way is to a make a copy of your C:Program Data/CLINK folder and stick it some place safe.

So the new pump still will not stay at 1100 rpm on both Link versions? Aside from the Quiet pump profile, did Link 4.9.6 work for you? Could you change led color, fan or pump speed?

I do not know if I understood correctly :D

the pump bug does it on all the versions I've tried, but not always.

sometimes it works, sometimes it goes crazy and stays at 2000. (in times of madness I try to change all the settings and profiles but the problem remains.)

with version 4.9.6.19 I also have problems with LEDs, some profiles do not work.

fans seem to work well

Edited by Pegagep

with version 4.9.6.19 I also have problems with LEDs, some profiles do not work.

fans seem to work well

The 4.9.6 issues appear to affect the PRO coolers only and I was looking for data to support that. You seem to be another. However, it was also possible your cooler was locked into the prior firmware and not responding to 4.9.6 and that it is why the Quiet Pump mode was still shooting up and down. If both versions do it, then that is not likely the issue, but I would still stay away from 4.9.6 at this point.

the pump bug does it on all the versions I've tried, but not always.

sometimes it works, sometimes it goes crazy and stays at 2000. (in times of madness I try to change all the settings and profiles but the problem remains.)

This is also how the other user reported it. Inconsistent and we could not replicate it. Now a few months down the line I would expect more reports than this if it was a software glitch. It reads like a firmware issue, but only Corsair can really speak to this at this point. I don't think there is a safety issue and the Balanced 2000 rpm speed is what I recommend for general use anyway, but it still leaves the question as to whether this is a hardware glitch or a software error.

it will surely be a firmware problem because the first few weeks worked well then there was an update.

I wrote to corsair but they answered me with the usual phrases

where can I find a download firmware list?

Edited by Pegagep

So this is the new H115i Pro? Make sure you are not using the newly released Link 4.9.6. There seems to be a specific issue with the Pro coolers. You can change settings in Link, but nothing will happen on the pump end. That applies to LED color, pump speed, and fans.

Thank you for mentioning this! I have been pulling my hair out with 4.9.6.19 for a couple of days now since it only seems to apply changes to the H115i Pro after a reboot. I updated Link at the same time I installed a Commander Pro, and I was wondering if the CP was the culprit. I will either wait for a new release or roll back to a previous version. Thanks again.