Corsair Community

h150i push/pull with NF-A12x25 fans: only pwm splitters needed? any issues?

patrikor

Hi all,

Clearance issues aside (since I know an h150i with NF-A12x25 fans in push/pull will fit in my case), has anyone had any issues with this combination?

I'm thinking I just need 3 pwm splitters so that I can control the additional fans. Is that correct? Or do I need to run everything off a Commander Pro?

Thanks in advance!

I'd be careful with that - it'll depend on the current draw of the fans. Look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ in my signature - there's guidance there based on the current rating of the power cable.

So (since the h150i is SATA powered) as long as my 6 fans draw less than the remaining 1.55A available to the cooler for fans, I should be good to go?

Yes, Noctua tends to be low current draw and you should be well under that limit. However, just be aware splitters are like extension cords. They usually work, but sometimes you can get bad combinations of cord and device. I have used the NA-SYC1 PWM splitters for a long time. They are short, but reliable. Other brands out there as well.

I have the same question. My 6 fans are, 3 Corsair 120ML and 3 Corsair 120ML RGB.

Would there be sufficient current for these 6 fans?

Update: Just worked out the overall power draw of the 6 fans would be 1.314amp. So if I have 1.55 amp to spare there should be enough power, yes?

Update: Fitted fans to splitters and all is working fine.

Edited by FlashCW