Corsair Community

How to link profile to store game

aboodi

How to link profile to windows store game like Gears Of War and Sea Of Thieves

i didn't find any solution i tried to link the profile to the game exe file it give me permission error i tried change the owner didn't work

FWIW i just tried taking ownership of the windowsapps folder under program files, but subsequently linking to the exes do not seem to do anything. That said, the apps i tested were enveloped in 'runtimebroker' according to task manager which I think encapsulates the xaml and dll calls in some type of atypical execution wrapping that does not run the exes that exist in the folder, I suspect they are there only for testing purposes. I think this is how they do not take up persistent memory (at least as i understand it that was the pitch)

possibly related, there has been an issue linking Cue profiles to powershell as console host seems to do a similar thing, wrapping the actual execution.

I think a nice future feature for iCUE future releases would be an ability to target an active window through the windows API the way autohotkey does, or perhaps I am speaking out of ignorance but a PID or window handle grabber. Even a matching mode seems like an easy implementation.

For now, you are probably best off making a profile switching button within cue or icue and manually switching to it as i believe the auto identification is not going to work for windows store games or apps. Let me know if you have trouble getting that set up? Direct profile selection is easy, you just hit the plus, chose rather than 'macro' select profile switching and then assign the action to a key and pick the profile from the list, you may want to do direct profile selection or from a list between your default and the game profile.

• Corsair Employee

In order to link the game, you need to link it to whatever process is actually running when the game launches. So let's say Gears of War. Is the .exe file that you use to open the game the actual file that is used while running it?

A good way to check is to open your computer's Task Manager and then run the game. Once the game is on, locate it in the Task Manager. Right click on it and select "Open File Location". Whatever file it links to is the one you need to link in CUE to have a profile work with the game.

In order to link the game, you need to link it to whatever process is actually running when the game launches. So let's say Gears of War. Is the .exe file that you use to open the game the actual file that is used while running it?

A good way to check is to open your computer's Task Manager and then run the game. Once the game is on, locate it in the Task Manager. Right click on it and select "Open File Location". Whatever file it links to is the one you need to link in CUE to have a profile work with the game.

Thank you, I am not the OP, but for the record, I do not believe this works for Windows 8/8.1/10 XAML style Apps from the App store or bundled with windows such as the Photos app.

There are executable in that hidden directory, but they are never run. It is run through runtimebroker or something and I dont believe cue can link to these apps.

Try running "Photos" in windows ten, open the task manager, expand folder, right click and select properties and you will see this or something like it:

c:\program Files\windowsapps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18031.15820.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

even if you take possession of the folder, I dont think CUE will be able to recognize it. I could be wrong?

• Corsair Employee

^^^ The above is sometimes true.

This also happens with certain DRM (certain games covered by SecuROM for example). The game, instead of running off the .exe file, launches a .tmp file that it continuously writes to in order to run the game. Because it creates a new .tmp file every time, you wouldn't be able to link to it in CUE.

CUE can recognize .exe files, .bat, and .cmd. Anything else, it won't be able to see. And this only works if the item is always the same file, and not one created when the program launches.

Archived