The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2015, 02:27 AM
Acidics's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820236
Acidics Reputation: 10
Default I need assistance with setting auto rotation on lights.

I'm trying to build a profile with rotating lights as it will start out flashing red and blue on either side then turning to white strobe lights, Then to other alternating police light bar effects for a total of either 30 seconds till repeating or preferably 1-5 minutes long. I'm digging through the CUE trying to find a setting to rotate either a mode or a group lighting after X amount of time automatically. Does anyone know any idea of how to do this. Or is this humanly impossible in the CUE software as we speak of this date. Any advice is helpful!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820258
terabyte Reputation: 73

As far as I know there is no option to make a light effect "rotate". I guess you mean just like the spiral rainbow does, right? If you want to do something like that it is not possible, that spiral rainbow itself is an hardcoded effect.

You might be able to do something with the SDK coding yourself how the rotation works, but CUE does not support it. Maybe 2.0 will add such option...

Old 11-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Acidics's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820285
Acidics Reputation: 10

Ah ok i see. I'll try that then... I just want to be able to have 8 different patterns of red and blue flashing but automatically repeat back to the first. I tried setting up groups but they dont have a option to wait for x amount of seconds before triggering. thanks for your help!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820321
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

There is no wait function. What you want to do is possible, but you have to do the math and make your effects to last for 5 minutes. Its complicated and designing a profile like this is a pain. Basically you create all the effects over each other and using blank space, you choose when the lights flash. Essentially you're making multiple very long and complicated lighting effects. I don't think it's something I could explain with text...