The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 04:25 PM

POST ID # = 791197
chemie Reputation: 10
Question Help: How to press and hold key

I want to have a key pressed down, and released when I hit the G key a second time.

If I use keystroke, it repeatedly pushes the key up and down (based on repeat timer). I do not want it going up and down. I want it pressed down, held down forever until I push the button again which then lifts the key.
If do with a macro (just down stroke), there is no way to get the upstroke...terminating does not undo the down stroke

I could easily do this on the old K95 keyboard (hitting a second time cancelled the down stroke) but the RGB I need help.

Thanks

PS. How do I have a macro key stay lite to a color during execution (however long it is). I can use "lighting when start" and have a specific solid color for a specific time, but I need different times for each macro which seems hard to do. I just want a solid color change whenever the macro for that key is running.

PPS Also, where is documentation on "standard settings" and "advanced settings" and "cue link" sections (not in manual)

Last edited by chemie; 07-24-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:56 AM

POST ID # = 791302
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

You can set multiple high delay times between the keypresses e.g. 99999 which should work. Though I'm not sure if multiple delays stack.

If you want a key to stay a certain colour on press e.g. the macro below, Assign a new lighting effect for the key and Use start on keypress and end on keypress.

Standard settings - A quick way of selecting pre made effects.

Advanced Settings - Can change any colour of a key, create groups for effects, etc.

CUE LINK - Demoed here;
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (248.4 KB, 528 views)

Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 AM

POST ID # = 791335
chemie Reputation: 10

Thanks for the help.

"If you want a key to stay a certain colour on press e.g. the macro below, Assign a new lighting effect for the key and Use start on keypress and end on keypress."

That does not work. I want to press the key and have the light stay on for the duration of the macro, not after key is pressed again. The lighting effect still uses and "end timer" and the graph and end time seem to determine the length of that effect.

Also how do you send an <enter> on a text macro?

Last edited by chemie; 07-25-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 894057
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Post G18 toggle pressing W, with W lit green when active, and purple background otherwise

Help: How to press and hold key

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemie View Post
I want to have a key pressed down, and released when I hit the G key a second time.

If I use keystroke, it repeatedly pushes the key up and down (based on repeat timer). I do not want it going up and down. I want it pressed down, held down forever until I push the button again which then lifts the key.
If do with a macro (just down stroke), there is no way to get the upstroke...terminating does not undo the down stroke

I could easily do this on the old K95 keyboard (hitting a second time cancelled the down stroke) but the RGB I need help.
I have attached two profiles for the K95 RGB, which use the G18 key to toggle holding down the W key. Using the "Default" profile, you will notice that the letter W is colored like the other keys, whether in basic or advanced mode. Using the "W is pressed" profile, you will notice that the letter W is a static green color, whether in basic or advanced mode. Pressing G18 toggles both the state of the W key (pressed or not) and the indicator color of the letter W on the keyboard.

Here are the general steps for programming a G key to toggle holding down a key, and showing via lighting effects when the key held down state is active.
  1. Duplicate the existing profile.
  2. In the original profile, create an action to directly select the duplicate profile.
  3. In the duplicate profile, create an action to directly select the original profile.
  4. In the duplicate profile, choose a basic lighting effect that will show the original key press is active.
  5. In the duplicate profile, choose an advanced lighting effect that will show the original key press is active.
  6. In the original profile, create a macro that does ONLY the key press event.
  7. In that macro, select as a second event, the action that switches profile to the duplicate profile.
  8. Bind the newly created macro to a desired G key.
  9. In the duplicate profile, create a macro that does ONLY the key release event.
  10. In that macro, select as a second event, the action that switches profile to the original profile.
  11. Bind the newly created macro to the same G key you used in the other profile.

Now, pressing the G key will initiate holding down the desired key, AND the lighting will indicate that the key is held down. Pressing the same G key will release the desired key, AND the lighting will no longer indicate the key is held down.

Attached Images
File Type: png toggle.png (901.4 KB, 5959 views)
Attached Files
File Type: cueprofile Default.cueprofile (193.1 KB, 492 views)
File Type: cueprofile W is pressed.cueprofile (197.7 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by Comet ☄; 03-06-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:48 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 894058
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Post How to send an <enter> with a text macro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemie View Post
how do you send an <enter> on a text macro?
I find when recording a macro that pressing and releasing the Enter key results in "Press key Enter" and "Release key Enter" events. When editing a macro, you can also insert such events.

Attached Images
File Type: png Enter.png (792.8 KB, 5854 views)

Last edited by Comet ☄; 03-06-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:06 PM

POST ID # = 952774
tsurugi-ijin Reputation: 10

Thank you so much for this!

Shame that it's necessary to create such a faff of a work around for this, but your solution has been really helpful!

Really hope they build this feature in so it's not necessary to create such a memory heavy bandage.

Tags
k95