The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 06:15 AM

POST ID # = 704640
armitage Reputation: 10
Angry

So, does it mean that I have to pay to return back a damaged product?

I'm not agree with that... and it never happened to me before. I think that if it's your mistake then I shouldn't pay nothing (or waste my time) to fix your mistake. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I've requested an RMA before with other enterprises and they just get back the damaged product when they send you the new one, so you don't have to do nothing and obviously you don't have to pay. If Corsair doesn't work that way I'll be really disappointed because you're forcing me to waste my time and money to fix your mistake.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:39 AM

POST ID # = 704774
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Contact customer service and see if they can assist with the shipping. They may or may not help.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 AM
warhippy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710266
warhippy Reputation: 10
Default stuck key

I'm having this issue, and for about 4 months. I have a K95 too and it works ok, but I can't trust my K90 anymore, I have another keyboard I use for everything except the gaming keys and only use the K90 when I have to. Do I request an RMA here or could you pass it to the correct thread for me?

Old 05-10-2014, 01:53 PM

POST ID # = 710471
keyven Reputation: 10

Well, Corsair can consider me another lost source of revenue. I noticed 4 of my keys have lost 50% to 100% of their lighting. I've little doubt this is just the beginning.

I will RMA it but I don't have any faith it will do anything except waste my time with a company that only thinks in the short-term. Faulty keyboards are one thing, but treating customers like idiots are quite another. Absolutely no one is fooled when they say the backlight problem is a 'rare' problem.

At least it's going to be one less brand to consider when I do my shopping. And me being one of the tech-heads among my friends, will ensure they do not make the same mistake.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 710514
Technobeard Reputation: 68

warhippy / keyven: Please request an RMA @ https://corsair.secure.force.com

Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 PM
warhippy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 712734
Default Rma

Thank you, I did, and shipped it on the 14th. That's two weeks ago, It showed received the first of last week, but shows processing still. So, close to ten work days at Corsair, and still no shipment showing. I have two pc's and I've been moving my K95 between them, patiently, but I'd like to get my replacement soon. It can't possibly take that long to inspect, I even sent it back in the same box it came in originally.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:03 AM

POST ID # = 712756

Contact customer service via phone and ask if they can check on the ticket progress.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:14 PM
warhippy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 716897
Default Industry Standard Customer Support?? REALLY??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Contact customer service via phone and ask if they can check on the ticket progress.

Toasted,
I contacted corsair by phone, my ticket was updated, and was promised shipment of a replacement keyboard 6/20/2014 or sooner, or notified of an updated ship date if it wasn't shipped. That's the last comment on my ticket, dated 6/2/2014. Today is the 27th, and I called customer service again, and was told a shipment came in earlier this month and they were all shipped out, and mine wasn't among the shipped keyboards. I was told the next shipment was due the 30th of June, but my replacement keyboard might not be among that lot either. I can't believe corsair is such a small fry in the PC industry that they've been turning away requests for new K95 keyboards. I understand that replacements would be reconditioned keyboards, but if corsair has no reconditioned keyboards to fulfill an RMA, they should ship a new K95 to fulfill a warranty request, instead of making customers wait months til they recondition old keyboards. Corsair advertises it's the industry standard in products and customer support. REALLY?? Then start backing up that claim, cuz empty words mean nothing.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:31 AM

POST ID # = 716944

Unfortunately, i cannot do much to help you as i do not work for Corsair.

It's best to call Corsair again and ask for the representative's supervisor or manager and address your issue to them. They should be able to do something about it.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Camshaft

POST ID # = 718021
camshaft007 Reputation: 10

I just purchased a K70 and updated my MB bios and the keyboard bios right out of the box.

And it is doing the key repeat issue..... can this be seriously still happening >?>

So this is a firmware issue or hardware >

thanks

Old 07-07-2014, 05:17 AM

POST ID # = 718073

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer? Do the keys repeat?
Have you tried the keyboard in BIOS mode?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Camshaft

POST ID # = 718219

Still haven't had a chance to test the mouse/keyboard on another computer.

Called corsair directly and talked to tech support we came up with some ideas
-delete all software
-reflash firmware with mouse/keyboard plugged into usb2.0 ports
-reinstall software

So I did this and kept the mouse/keyboard in the usb 2.0 port and it seems to be working alot better even with the pole rating at 1ms.
I moved my corsair headset to a usb3.0 and it started to develop problems. So I swapped it back into a 2.0 port and the problem was gone.

Presently I have not seen any backlite flickering on mouse or keyboard so fair. Or any key repeat(sticking) issues or key signal drop outs.

So if you can believe it ... it might be possibly related to non compatible hardware with usb 3.0

I will have to do a search for corsair and usb3.0 compatibility problems...

Old 07-09-2014, 03:39 AM

POST ID # = 718361

Is the USB 3 port powered by a third party chipset? e.g. Asmedia.

I've seen issues with USB 3 ports being controlled by third party chipsets causing issues but not ones controlled by Intel.

You can check if you have the latest BIOS and drivers installed as it may help.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Camshaft

POST ID # = 718504

So far things have been pretty problem free, did have a key repeat problem happen again but I only have 2 usb2.0 ports. So at this time I had the keyboard plugged back into the 3.0 port again.

Found a old adapter I had that allows you to connect 4x ports to the internal mother boards 2.0 connectors. So I have 6 now..

If I didn't mentioned it, I updated my MB to newest bios
and ran driver genius so every driver on my PC is uptodate.
Even with this I had all those above problems with 3.0
Including my corsair headset

I made the assumption that the best connections would be the usb ports on the MB. Not even thinking that 3.0 would be such a issue.
But it seems so...

So far the fault seems repaired..

Old 07-11-2014, 05:07 PM

POST ID # = 718756
VetteTizom Reputation: 10
Default Duplicate letters

Yet another unsatisfied customer here... Had the K90 for over a year now and am having the same problem as many people out there, Duplicate keystrokes when just pressing the key once, "therrre" Yoooou" Ggggreat". This post is taking quite a bit longer to type as I am having to constantly go back and fix all the duplicate letters in words. Tried other fixes people have suggested (i.e. firmware update or swapping from 3.0 ports to 2.0 and still not working.) I am highly disappointed in Corsair that they have not publicly said what is wrong with their keyboards or give a fix for it's customer other than "RMA". So what happens to the keyboards when they get sent back to your factory? How are the ones that you sent back to us "fixed" from Corsair, will not be upgrading to your newest model, back to Razer or Logitech for me...