The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 AM

POST ID # = 700404
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Have you tried reflashing the firmware again?
Have you tried BIOS mode?

Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 AM

POST ID # = 700418
armitage Reputation: 10

Thank you for your answer! I was a little frustrated because I also opened a ticket (a few days ago) and I got no answer... thank you again.

What I did is the following:

1.- I went to a friend home that has windows, so I can flash the firwm.
2.- I flashed the firmware, and some issues were fixed, but some other persisted.
3.- When I noticed that not all the issues were fixed, I reflashed the firmware.
4.- After reflashing, I made the tests again with the same result.

In the BIOS I tried (only on my Linux machine) to enable and disable the USB Legacy Support, and I allways have the same behavior.

Is there any test or information that I can provide? Please, feel free to ask :).

Yesterday, I needed 5 minutes to write my password and be able to log in my computer... since the keys fails randomly, it's allmost impossible to login. You must try and try again until the keyboard "decides that all the keys can work properly"... it's really annoying :S

PD: sorry for my bad english.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 AM

POST ID # = 700420

I forgot to give you my ticket number: 6434949.

In there, I provide some information of my computer that might be useful.

Thank you for your time.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:37 AM

POST ID # = 700608

It's possible the keyboard has another fault that is not related to firmware.

If the keyboard is still in warranty, request an RMA to replace the keyboard.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM

POST ID # = 701000

Hi,

I'm sorry for my late answer, I was busy on the last few days.

Well, I opened a ticket and we're moving it... but asking for an RMA is not the perfect solution for me, since I'll need to buy a new keyboard just for those few days of delay while the keyboard is being replaced. In the other hand, It seems to me that it's a firmware problem (I'm pretty sure of that) but maybe I'm wrong.

Is there any information that I can provide you so we can check if it is a firmware problem? And if it's a firmware related problem, then i won't have to ask for an RMA and buy a new keyboard just a few days of delay.

Thank you so much for your time.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:08 AM

POST ID # = 701132

Unfortunately, there is no tool from Corsair that can check if its a firmware problem.

You can request an advanced RMA via phone if you do not have a spare keyboard to use. An advanced RMA means Corsair sends you the replacement first, then you send yours back to them. This process requires a valid CC.

You can call customer service using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 AM

POST ID # = 701164

I got new interesting data about the issue. I posted it on my ticket on Corsair, so I'll copy-paste it here so you can check it. Maybe it helps...

---- Start Copy-Paste ----

Another behavior that I've seen today. It's hard for me to explain that kind of issues because my english is bad, but i'll do it my best.

That's about the repetition.

- What I did: I kept some keys pressed (those which fails more often). First I made the test with the 5 key, then with the m and the with the ñ. I got the same result with each key.
- What I expected to happen: the key is repeated on the screen until I stop pressing the key.
- What happened: there are some different cases, so i'll put them on a list.
1.- Sometimesl it takes like 5 seconds to print the first character.
2.- Once the first character is printed, sometimes the repetition is stoped for a few seconds, and then it continues with the repetition.
3.- If you keep pressing the key, the problem described on the point 2 will happen again, randomly.
4.- I think that the point 1 and the point 2 are the same issue, but sometimes just happens with the first character.

In my viewpoint, I think that we could say that it's a firmware related problem, since that kind of behavior doesn't seem to be related with a defective mechanical switch (if that was the problem, then it shouldn't fail while repeating... is it right?).

---- End Copy-Paste ----

Thank you so much for your time.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 PM

POST ID # = 701287

Have you tried putting the K90 under BIOS mode? Does the issue still occur?

Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 AM

POST ID # = 701301

Hi,

How do I put the keyboard in BIOS mode? Did you mean that I could go to the BIOS console and test the keyboard there or there's some configuration that I'm missing?

Thank you so much.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:11 AM

POST ID # = 701302

I don't have a console on BIOS to test all the keys, but I just made some tests on the GRUB console, and I had the same issues but they didn't "show up" that often. When I'm running the SO the issues comes and goes very often and in GRUB the issue is still present, but it seems to be a lot more stable. It's still annoying... but not that much.

Hope that it helps.

Thank you again.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM

POST ID # = 701485

If you have the latest K90 firmware update. TO enable BIOS mode, press the Windows key lock then F1 shortly after.

The scroll lock L.E.D. will start flashing indicating BIOS mode is enabled. To, do the same thing to enable BIOS mode.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 AM

POST ID # = 701505

Hi,

Thank you for giving me the steps to put the keyboard on BIOS mode, I didn't know about that feature :).

I enabled the BIOS mode and the keyboard works better, like with the tests that I made in the GRUB console, but the problem is still there...

I have the same issues, but it don't happen constantly and it's a lot less annoying. Meanwhile we get more information in order to fix it, I'll work in BIOS mode. Is it bad for my system or keyboard for some reason?

Maybe I'm wrong... but I think that those changes of behavior are indicators that the issue is related to the firmware... what's your personal opinion?

Thank you again for your time,
Daniel.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:54 AM

POST ID # = 701592

No, BIOS mode isn't bad for the keyboard or computer. It disables the features of the keyboard and runs it as a basic keyboard.

If the issue is always constant, it is possible it is a firmware issue. But i don't think a firmware update would come out for the K90 as it has been replaced by the K95.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 AM

POST ID # = 704202

Hi,

As Toasted proposed, I made an advanced RMA request, and the Corsair support sent me a new keyboard. I recived it today, and I've been testing it for a while and everything seems to be ok now :). I encourage to anyone with problems to request an RMA.

My problem now is that, when the deliverman came to my house, he said that he shouldn't take my old keyboard becouse nobody gave him the order to take it back to you. How should I proceed? I thought that he would take it back to you... and I have no instructions.

I made the question on the ticket, but on the last few days there's no activity on the ticket by Corsair (even when I made some questions on those days :P), and I was guessing that maybe it's gonna be faster asking at the forum.

My ticket number is 6434949.

Thank you so much for your time,
Daniel.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM

POST ID # = 704485

You choose a courier and send the keyboard back to Corsair.

I'd suggest you quote multiple couriers to find the cheapest one which also offers a tracking ID.