Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2018, 10:49 AM

POST ID # = 950539
mroetman Reputation: 10
Default HS50: Unbalanced sound from ear cups

Hi all,

I bought a Crosair HS50 last week to connect it to my Xbox One S for some ultimate gaming experience. I’m very happy with the look & feel, comfort and audio quality of the headset. But sadly there seems to be a problem with the volume switch.

Only when the volume switch is turned on to maximum I hear a good balanced sound between both ear cups. When I turn the switch lower, the volume in the right ear cup lowers frequently while the left ear cup doesn’t lower that much.

When the switch is set too it lowest, the volume of the right ear cup is turned off (only turns on when switch is almost at max.) and the left ear cup is still quite loud. It is alright when I put the volume to the maximum and set the volume a bit lower at the Xbox settings, but when you accidently switch it you get an unbalanced sound of the both ear cups (left harder than right) which is very irritating.

I was curious if you had this complaint before & if it indeed is a fabric fracture (and thus should return it for a new one).

*BTW: I also tested it on my pc and phone but problems stays the same, so it has nothing to dowith my Xbox settings.

Thanks in advance

Maarten

Tags
headset, hs50, volume switch